X

Jason 05

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jason 05

Read about Jason last night and cant stop thinking about the situation. Woke up today and said F%%k it all ride my bike to work.Thought about him the whole way in,and the bike ran great. Anyone else thinking about this dude while riding? Does anyone have a pic of Jason to put a face with his name? I wonder how his bike was running just before the crash,I hope it was running like mine did this mornng...Just a thought....

Pics can be seen in his sticky thread, mainly pages 3 and 4. I am sure as close of a "family" as we all are here, we are all thinking about Jason as we ride. As for the bike's condition, we may never know.

Ride with your rear pegs down in remembrance.

R.I.P Jason.

Nik
    88 Katana GSX600F, 19k miles, Total Custom- Soon to be revealed!!!!!!!

Comment

Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I was really sad to hear about Jason..
        I trust Cyber’s opinion that he was a nice guy.
        I sold him some parts to get his bike up again and
        he was really friendly..

However several things isolate him from my thinking
        while riding;

1. distance. Sad but true when a tree falls in the
        Oregon forest doesn't make a sound in New York.

2. age. I've owned my Kat longer than Jason was riding.

3. riding style. It has to be said that Jason and I
        have radically different riding styles.

4. philosophy. I don't ride with the thought
        "that won’t happen to me" I ride with the thought:
        "what am I doing now that I could do better and safer"
        I know the only thing the separates me and the riders
        that crash is my head..

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter
          I was really sad to hear about Jason..
          I trust Cyber’s opinion that he was a nice guy.
          I sold him some parts to get his bike up again and
          he was really friendly..

However several things isolate him from my thinking
          while riding;

1. distance. Sad but true when a tree falls in the
          Oregon forest doesn't make a sound in New York.

2. age. I've owned my Kat longer than Jason was riding.

3. riding style. It has to be said that Jason and I
          have radically different riding styles.

4. philosophy. I don't ride with the thought
          "that won’t happen to me" I ride with the thought:
          "what am I doing now that I could do better and safer"
          I know the only thing the separates me and the riders
          that crash is my head..
          +1 to most of this.

I have thought "if this guy was on my bike as a passenger right now, what could I show him about riding more safely so that won't happen to him again" and also "if there were a passenger on my bike right now, what would I do differently?" (i.e. I think people tend to be more careful when there's a vulnerable passenger on board).

As I've said before, it is through learning from the mistakes of our fallen brothers & sisters and becoming better and safer that we honor them. It does them a disservice to repeat the same mistakes the injured or killed them.

NOBODY is immortal on a bike. Perhaps the younger riders in particular need to understand that. I remember being 16, 17, 18, etc. too once. I likewise felt immortal. I'm glad I didn't own a bike then.
          ---Jeff (Long Beach Represent!)

'99 Katana 750 (Metallic Space Blue / Matte Silky Gray Metallic)
          Plus some cars.

"Never Break More than You Fix..."

Comment

I've thought alot about this since I read it yesterday. I rode to work both yesterday and today (pegs down). oddly the weather went from a muggy 95 to a dry low 80s. maybe he's up there sweet talkin mother nature for us.

Comment

While I really do sympathize with his family, it cannot be ignored that Jason chose to push limits and did so with pride -- limits of the law, limits of common sense, limits of physics, limits of his abilities and/or talent. When one chooses to do these things, one will eventually be called on it. It's a part of motorcycling. We all push it a bit, some more than others.

It broke my heart reading his brother's post on his MySpace thing about his father crying. The family he left behind is suffering hard for his actions. I can only ask those that would push limits in uncontrolled environments to think of the consequences you may leave in your wake. "I'm going out doing what I want" is a selfish stance and causes undue suffering.

Pegs are down for Jason, though I haven't seen any weather changes. Because he was on two wheels (or possibly up on one), he was a brother and therefore will be remembered.

Cyber, I will not only raise a glass, but will pour some out as well.

Comment

I think that what hit me the most was how young he was...also this is the first death for KR in a long time...it is always a shock when you lose someone so young...eventhough I never met Jason or talked to him personally...you still feel the sadness that the family is going through...you can't help but think of him...he was part of our family, no matter if you agreed/disagreed with his riding style...to get to know him better you have to read the posts of the people who did know him...Sin, Cyber, Kris and everyone else who actually really knew him thank you for the insight of who he really was...may he RIP..
                Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
                Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
                Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

amen R.I.P. jason

Comment

I didnt get a chance to meet jason but i have defended him a some instances and chatted with him, I planned on riding with him this summer when i was in clearwater, this has hit me pretty hard and i havent been able to stop thinking about it, usually things like this dont bother me but hm being from where i grew up and learned to ride. I am never going to be able to forget and be upset about not having the chance to ride with him. mainly because he and i have a few of the same riding habits. This is the second person I knew that has died on a bike on the noward franklin and I promise to show respect everytime im on the road.

Cyber I havent talked with you much but when i get down there this summer I would really like to meet up with you and any other tampa clearwater riders to show some respect to our fallen kat and bike riders. I would also like to see a dedication for Jason on the home page, so everyone who logs on to katriders will know the memory and learn from are fellow kat rider JASON05.

I know not all here may have the same beliefs but i would like to say a small prayer:

Jesus forgive Jason for all of his sins and accept him into your embrase, please help his family and friend threw these unfortunate and tough times, please allow all that knew him to learn from his teachings, accomplishments, and mistakes. The accident was most unfortunate but maybe will teach others to prevent other from hurting themselves or others, Jason was a outgoing adventeruos person with lots of ambition and excitment please let remember him for this and for the excitment and joy he had for life. I would like everyone that has knew him or just now hearing about him to say a prayer in him memory. Amen.

I hope that Jason will be in everyones memory forever.
                    www.scrmotorcycles.com www.katanaOutlet.com
                    Katana Frame Sliders
                    The only fully tested and proven Katana sliders Rear sliders, 520 conversion, gas caps and more.
                    98+ Slider are "CyberPoet Endorsed" R.I.P.
                    I couldn't have done this without you.

Comment

I haven't ridden in a while (maybe a bit over a week) , but next time I go out to my favorite roads , it'll be with dude in mind . A more fitting tribute to a fellow biker I can't think of . Even though I didn't know him well , nor many of the others I've ridden in memorium .
                      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Although I agree about not wanting to hear any more crash stories, it is not a bridge in the sense that anyone from another state would think of. It is a combination of two man-made pinesula's with two flat-as-a-pancake bridges (each 6 lanes wide, with 4 lanes of active traffic + 2 break down lanes in each direction), with no entrances or exits for a dozen miles. Cars flow through this crossing over Tampa Bay at those speeds as well -- not just bikers. I fear it would actually be more dangerous to travel the speed limit or under on two wheels here than to travel the same speed as traffic does as a whole.

To see if I can put into visual perspective:

The other end of the bridge, headed towards Tampa:

Cheers,
                        =-= The CyberPoet
                        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Just so this does not get out of hand. I am locking the thread. We need to let Jason RIP and not get into a speed debate on a road that most of us have never ridden.

KR Mgt
                          www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Working...
                          X