X
X

INSTALLING LARGER ENGINES in Kats

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a note on all of you making your own block off plates for the PAIR system.

If they aren't completely flat and making an air tight seal, it will sound like a loose valve when you run the motor. So make sure your plates are flat and you use a gasket!!!!!

And keep a lookout for a post by me within the next 2 or 3 weeks, it will pretty much be documenting my b12 build that I've been working on for the past few months, it will be lengthy and complete with pictures!
    Florida, the only place where you need your windshield wipers and sunglasses. At the same time.

05/02 1216 Kabandit
    18v Rigid Drill
    Craftsman Rubber Mallet with duct tape mod
    New Balance 765 running shoes from 10th Grade, with duct tape and super glue mod

Comment

• Can i drop a 95 750 into an 01 600? will it bolt right in?

Comment

• YES!
        I've owned over 70 Katanas - you think I know anything about them?
        Is there such a thing as TOO MANY BIKES?
        Can you go TOO FAST on a bike?
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

• Originally posted by stingray2772
          I just bought a 96 600 with a 750 engine in it. I'm still learning [everything] about the Katana. I'm not sure that my bike has the 750 oil cooler in it though. Is there any way of telling which is which? Also will the 600 cooler really make the bike overheat to the point bad things can happen? (I WILL get a 750 cooler whenever I can find one, but I want to know if I can ride the bike in the meantime). Also the bike is running now, so should I worry about the carbs or anything else? Thanks guys.

Sorry for the late reply, but thought I would comment in case others have same ??

Oil Coolers: 600's have about 7 vanes, 750's have about 13 vanes
          You CAN run a 600 oil cooler in a 750, it will just run a bit hotter.
          Carbs (as long as they are 750 carbs) will work fine. CARBS STAY WITH ENGINE (for the most part)
          I've owned over 70 Katanas - you think I know anything about them?
          Is there such a thing as TOO MANY BIKES?
          Can you go TOO FAST on a bike?

Comment

• SORRY

Sorry for posting something that might sem obvius to you, I have some problems with my gsx 600f 1992 engine, and it has run 85000 KM I have gotten an offer on a bandit 600 99 with 34000 km on the clock. The mc was totalled in an accident!

However im a newb, AND read most of this topic.
            SO i gues.

The bolts WILL fitt. My devil exhaust Will fit.

The karburators i shall use the old ones??

Anything i shall be carefull off??

Now to the hp/Tourge
            I mostly drive in the city, love my cykle. BUt are unsure if i can feel the power diference.. OFC ill have to change the chain kit.. Should i, doing that change to a diferent setup than my gsx600f??

Sorry if my questions have alredy been answered other places, but only found this wonderfull place today, and out to look on the engine tonight

Plz help me .

Yours
            Jesper

Comment

• It'd be easier to use the same carbs/engine . Bandit carbs/bandit engine .
              If there IS a power difference , I doubt it'd be much .
              You COULD just use the chain/sprockets form the Kat if they're still in good shape .
              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

• Originally posted by md86
                It'd be easier to use the same carbs/engine . Bandit carbs/bandit engine .
                If there IS a power difference , I doubt it'd be much .
                You COULD just use the chain/sprockets form the Kat if they're still in good shape .
                For a Bandit 600, keep the katana carbs and boots and swap them onto the Bandit motor. The B6 choke cables are a little screwy those years...
                -Steve

sigpic
                Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

• So it is posibel to use either kaburator set??
                  Then where is the diference in the engine??

I bought the engine, and aslo a hydraulic clutch "house" from a gsx-r.. it seems to fit direktly, is that right??

Thx for the help.

Jesper

Comment

• It is possible to use the Bandit carbs in the kat frame, but you might have a problem getting the choke to work correctly.

Hydraulic clutchs were only on the B12... not the B6
                    -Steve

sigpic
                    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

• Seems i have alot to learn, AND i do apriciate all the help.

I have gotten the hydraulic clutch house, i gues he was wrong about model, but i gues i CAN use it, since the bolts fits??
                      on the side of the cylinders are some armoured oil hose, that is not on mine katana. IT seems it is going from the bolt that holds the axel that holds the rockerarms?? is it safe to remove it, and replace it with bolts from my old engine?? couse i doubt it will fit into ny frame with that mountet!!

I do apologize my bad english, it is safe to say, that the reasen is im danish

/Jesper

Comment

• Originally posted by sveske
                        on the side of the cylinders are some armoured oil hose, that is not on mine katana. IT seems it is going from the bolt that holds the axel that holds the rockerarms??
                        Huh ? Little help here (like a pic) ?

Comment

• ok, ill gotakeapicture... thx for all the help so far

Here goes, have some problems with edit funktion!!
                          hope this works

[/img]

IT DID lolz
                          /Jesper

Comment

• sorry doublepost

Comment

• I've heard of a top end oiling kit for Bandits , but never SEEN one ...... I'd leave the lines alone . That's where the cams go , but the lines LOOK like some kind of aux oiling system deal .

Comment

• i dont think i can leave it, i think it is to wide.. anyone know anything about this??

Comment

Working...
                                X