X

I've been seeing a new trend with the squids riding gear

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've been seeing a new trend with the squids riding gear

I've seen alot of squids riding around town with no helmet (of course) but they'll be wearing riding jackets. Usually it's either a Joe Rocket Team Suzuki or UFO or a Icon jacket but they all have the racing patches on them. Why would you wear a jacket if your not going to wear a helmet? I guess they must think it looks cool. I've even seen them with the jacket, helmet strapped to the side of the bike, and wearing board shorts! I guess risking a cracked skull is worth the price of looking cool.
    "Stupid is as stupid does" - Forset Gumps Mama

I'm with U, I have seen so many squids riding in shorts with no helmet at high speed in my area also.
    Watch for your Guardian Angel
    750 '04 Kat (blue)

Comment

NO HELMET!!! No helmet law? Stupid.

Comment

I saw a bunch of squids last week in New Hampshire. Now I am completely used to the Harley riders who ride with no helmets there.....but when I see a sports bike rider with no helmet, I am like, aarrrrhhhgggg
        "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
        JOHN 16:33

Comment

yep, saw a guy today on the highway that had on a jacket, gloves, and shorts . helmet strapped to the side of his bike. why bother with spending the money to gear up if your not doing it to be safe?
          carpe diem

Comment

Re: I've been seeing a new trend with the squids riding gear

Originally posted by BlackCatRider
            I've seen alot of squids riding around town with no helmet (of course) but they'll be wearing riding jackets. Usually it's either a Joe Rocket Team Suzuki or UFO or a Icon jacket but they all have the racing patches on them. Why would you wear a jacket if your not going to wear a helmet? I guess they must think it looks cool.
            You hit the nail right on the head. They think it's cool.

My favs are the ones who have the lid strapped to the back of the bike. -Like they think accidents are planned events and they can put the helmet on when their time comes. Most likely they promised their mommies that they'd always wear their helmets, leave the house with it on and strap it to the bike when they get around the corner.
            =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Now all we all have to do is make them think is cool to where a helmet. Now I do not all ways where a helment but I am working on it I just got a a new Flumer modus flip up this is my 5th street helment.

Comment

I asked a squid once why he spent so much on his helmet but had it strapped to the side of his bike. He said cause he only wears it when he races, lol, right like punching it from stoplight to stoplight is racing, lol...Its sad cause they just don't get it until they crush their skull in a 30 mph crash...
                "So scared of getting older, I'm only good at being young"

Comment

Thats nice... Only wears when he races... You shoulda said well it looks to me like your squid ass prolly races from every stop light to light..

Remember, Caps Lock is Cruise Control for Cool

Comment

Been seein that , too . I'm thinking it has something to do with the movies showing people riding around with the jaskets , and they wanna be cool like them , and let people know it when they're off the bike .....
                    I always picture XXX where dude's walking around with the Rocket jasket on .
                    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I see it all the time: there are those that wear their gear and those that don't (squid or not).
                      Rock out with your knee out

FREE utilities for your PC

Comment

We get the opposite here. Helmets are not optional, so their wearing helmets, with shorts, t-shirts and sandles. I shake my head every time.
                        Biker chicks know how to ride.....

Comment

Originally posted by Froggy
                          We get the opposite here. Helmets are not optional, so their wearing helmets, with shorts, t-shirts and sandles. I shake my head every time.
                          I frequent the same gas station to fill up and get something do drink before a ride, and its next to an 'Auto Bell Car Wash'. There is a kid there who rides a late model CBR, and I have seen him riding many times with a t-shirt, shorts, and sandle's...totally squid like. He likes to show off his bike (eg: takes off like a bat out of hell).

I cringe to think what he would look like if he ever laid it down
                          It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

same trend up here as well, jackets no helmet, with shorts and sneakers...using the helmet as a frame slider instead...

At least one of the girls that rides pillion around here is smart, every time I see her, she is wearing jeans, boots, leather jacket and helmet, while her husband is in his wife beater tank top with goggles on....oh did I mention he's laid the same bike down three times? Don't blame her now do ya....I actually wonder why she even rides with him given his track record, but at least she's prepared for it.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
                            You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Originally posted by jwonton
                              yep, saw a guy today on the highway that had on a jacket, gloves, and shorts . helmet strapped to the side of his bike. why bother with spending the money to gear up if your not doing it to be safe?
                              What state were his plates from? In michigan it is law that we wear helmets. sometimes, we ride down to Ohio with them on, then remove them at teh border. I never take mine off, but some people enjoy the feeling of the air on their head.

*shrug*
                              2007 GSX-R600

Comment

Working...
                              X