• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 kat, got her with 13k miles in feb and now is upto 18.3k,
    needed a little tlc from previous owner but she's a runner
    A wise man can learn more from a acting fool
    Than a acting fool can learn from a wise man

Comment

• I put 1300+ miles on mine since May on my 98 Kat 750.
      Bought the bike back in March w/7200 mi. on odo enter, cleaned carbs, adjusted valves and sync'ed throttle, started riding it late APR, now over 9600 mi.

Comment

• Up to 70,600 miles on my 01 750. Plenty more miles left in the engine!

Comment

• checked mine today a 2000 with 30,300 on it

Comment

• 2001 600 that had about 25,500 when I got her last July, and now she's up to 28,700+. Looking to crack 30K before the summer's out.
            Last edited by Blackbird; 06-27-2014, 09:07 AM. Reason: Went riding yesterday and realized I had 1K+ more miles than I thought. :)

Comment

• 97 and the odometer just hit 15580. only 1000 or so are mine tho.

Comment

• 1989 Kat just passed 60500
                Bill
                1989 Katana 600 Blue on Black
                sigpic

Comment

• Got it with 9K now im kickin down the door of 19K
                  My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
                  http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
                  2007 GSXR 750

Comment

• 3 year anniversary of ownership - up to 61968 miles. 55360 of those are mine, loved every single one of them.

1998 Katana 750
                    1992 Katana 1100
                    2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

• Originally posted by shpielers View Post
                      3 year anniversary of ownership - up to 61968 miles. 55360 of those are mine, loved every single one of them.

wow man nice! 3 years here too, but 27.000kms. you rode the hell out of it
                      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by eb770 View Post
                        Hey guys, i bought a 98 katana 600 with 22k miles. this is my first bike and i use it for pretty much everything (to work, to gym, to bank, to the moon, ect.) This being my first bike n all, i wonder how much abuse can the bike endure before i start having problems? i know sport bikes arent realy made for this type of use but i cant argue with the gas savings...
                        My '91 Kat 600 just hit 70,648.16 miles today. The bike had 770.7 miles on the odometer when I purchased it in January 2000. (The figure in my signature is a typo and I can't change it because we're limited to 5 lines now.) Thus, 69,877.46 of my Kat's miles were ridden by me personally (This includes a few miles here and there by a few friends who borrowed my bike for short distances long ago.)

Thus I've owned this bike for 14.5833 years. This averages out to 4791.6 personal miles per year. (I did NOT ride my Kat CONTINUOUSLY for 14 years: I stored it or let it sit more than once.) It is approximately 2,760 road miles between San Diego, CA and New York, NY; so I averaged the distance of 1.7360 cross-country trips (San Diego to New York City) per year. Wow, I'm glad I found this thread. Who woulda thunk? :P
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by ZephyrNewYork; 09-10-2014, 02:23 PM. Reason: I forgot the open parenthesis.
                        "Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is not safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing."
                        ~ Helen Keller, The Open Door (1927)
                        '91 600 purchased in January 2000 with 7,707 miles

Comment

• I still think its funny how different the miles are on a cage vs motorcycle. With a cage you hit "mile"stones but you tend to feel negatively about them between 20k and 100k. Up to 20k your happy cause its new, after 100k your happy cause its still going. In between you just see the value disappear.
                          On a bike it seems like the miles are good friends and good memories that you want to keep visiting or re living.
                          If someone wanted me to drive 20 miles away for lunch in my truck I would just say " yah right" and go down the block for lunch. Two weeks ago me and two other guys rode our bikes 364 miles round trip for lunch and by the end of the day were thinking about plans for lunch for the next week.

Comment

• Originally posted by rschlegel View Post
                            I still think its funny how different the miles are on a cage vs motorcycle. With a cage you hit "mile"stones but you tend to feel negatively about them between 20k and 100k. Up to 20k your happy cause its new, after 100k your happy cause its still going. In between you just see the value disappear.
                            On a bike it seems like the miles are good friends and good memories that you want to keep visiting or re living.
                            If someone wanted me to drive 20 miles away for lunch in my truck I would just say " yah right" and go down the block for lunch. Two weeks ago me and two other guys rode our bikes 364 miles round trip for lunch and by the end of the day were thinking about plans for lunch for the next week.
                            I agree. All those miles have given me lots of good memories
                            "Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is not safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing."
                            ~ Helen Keller, The Open Door (1927)
                            '91 600 purchased in January 2000 with 7,707 miles

Comment

• >66,000 51K in last 5 yrs.
                              never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

• 1988 21,xxx

Comment

Working...
                                X