X

Fork Seals

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fork Seals

i've heard these things go bad if you like to do wheelies. so, i got a couple questions, say i do a bad landing and they go bad, is the bike still ridable? i can get aftermarket replacements for $25 but i'm wondering how hard they are to install?
    06' Zuki Katana 750
    Vance and Hines Slip-On

you need special tools to do that, are you cool with taking your whole forks apart?

Comment

Unless the fork seal jettisons off the lower tube and the oil gushes out like Old Faithful, the bike would still be ok to ride briefly (and non-aggressively)

First time I changed fork seals, it took me about 2.5 hours, which includes a second disassembly due to improper re-assembly.
      I used an engine hoist and general hand tools.
      If you don't have a way to hold the bike up, fugedaboudit.

Comment

DonShannon, that signature thing of yours is awesome.

Comment

Thanks, feel free to swipe it
          I have a couple other ideas floating around in my head I might implement on the next one

Comment

well, I'll save it, but I won't use it until you switch to another.

Comment

forks

your best bet(What I found to be easiest) after doing some fork seals on a few dirt bikes was to find a set of forks on ebay. I found mine for $35 plus shipping. Polished them up and had em waiting for the inevitable day when I screwed up my seals... That way I only had to spend an hour R&R the old ones. that way no waiting for parts...

Comment

Working...
              X