X

shinko tires 011 verge review

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shinko tires 011 verge review

I know a lot of you dislike shinkos because there cheap but I decided to give them a try due to the positive reviews on other sites. I got the the 011 120/70 and 160/60 rear installed for $250. The tires themselves were like $170. My bike now has 17930 miles I will update my opinion as the miles add up. So far they feel touchy while turning but ride very smooth but only got like 25 miles on them.

120 miles on them today and the feel great. The touchy feeling went away. I have to say I'm impressed. Hugs the curves great

Comment

GLAD TO HEAR THAT IM CONSIDERING THESE TIRES.
      sigpic

Admin Removed Sig Due to Words. Do not Go Around the Swear Filter. Thank you KR MGMT

Haha.....

Comment

I also rock a set of Shinkos. There's a lot of negative reviews due to them being cheap but here's what I've worked out:

When Yokohama got out of the Motorcycle tire biz a few years back, they sold their molds and technologies to another company (can't recall who) that then turned around and is continuing to sell old Yoko tire designs as Shinko. Yokohama makes a great set of tires, and though I haven't tried anything else, they do feel fairly solid. I am curious how they stack up against the Metzelers everyone recommends for the Kat.
        Black & Blue - Kludge Fixed Katana - 1990 Katana GSX-600F [out of service - engine swap started 9/8/12; ETA 9/30/12]
        Beaten and bruised, clawing its way back from the dead for the 3rd time. 2-up tourer
        2001 Buell Blast 515cc, V&H Exh, Buell Pro-Series Intake, Stage IV Jetting, Raptor II Streetfighter Front Headlight/Fairing Assembly, Dual HIDs -- "The Misfit"

Comment

people recommend Metz for the Kat?
          why?

ive run a lot better tires then the Z6 or M series
          98 GSX750F
          95 Honda VT600 vlx
          08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

I have heard mixed reviews about these tires. I thought about giving them a try. Keep us updated on how they do.
            04 SRT-4 with toys / 00 Katana 600 / 67 Mustang-Sold/ 88 Mustang-Sold / 92 Mustang-Sold / 97 Mustang-Traded

Comment

Nearly every negative review I've read of the Shinkos has been by people who haven't ridden them. (The exception is their slick.) I've run through 5 Shinko 705s on my KLR and really liked them.

I have a set of the Verges destined to go on my Connie next go round.
              Pics
              Pics
              No pics yet
              Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Originally posted by thetable View Post

I have a set of the Verges destined to go on my Connie next go round.
                Brilliant! The miles you do, we'll have a full "life of the tyre" report in about a month.

Comment

An additional 50 miles yesterday with my wife through the park.I feel way more confident in the corners with the 011s.

Comment

Originally posted by TRPUT View Post
                    Brilliant! The miles you do, we'll have a full "life of the tyre" report in about a month.
                    I'm a while away from throwing them on, the current set of PR3s have a lot of life left. I just hope my testing last longer than it did with the ContiMotions, they only took me a week to kill.
                    Pics
                    Pics
                    No pics yet
                    Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

I have a set of shinko's
                      Honestly there better then the michelin Macadam that came OEM on some.
                      They wear a little faster . I have gotten 12k miles out of mine so far. Its all about how you ride.
                      99 Katana GSX600F -03 Bandtana GSX1200F- 06 Charger Daytona R/T

The Tallest KAT Rider.. Out there! PERIOD.

Comment

Life of the tire is my only concern. They have more than enuff grip on the curves. Did ur shhinkos last 12k or the michelins?

Comment

Originally posted by hawkins View Post
                          Life of the tire is my only concern. They have more than enuff grip on the curves. Did ur shhinkos last 12k or the michelins?
                          I could strap my bike on a trailer and not get 12k miles on a rear tire. PR2 are far and away the best lasting tire I've used. My Concours 14 was averaging about 6500 miles to a rear PR2, next closest is the PR3 at about 6k, everything else is pretty well gone around the 4k mark (or less)
                          Pics
                          Pics
                          No pics yet

Comment

The 011s are sport/touring tires maybe they will last longer? They suppose to be a long life tire. If they don't ill try a different. Brand until I find something good for me. If they last 5000 or more ill get more of these next year. And if they wear good and keep good grip as miles add up. I know to get them when the shop has a sale a week before I got mine I could have got them installed for $220 instead of $250 just didn't have the money
                            Last edited by hawkins; 03-16-2012, 02:36 PM.

Comment

Played around with Shinko Apex tires on an R1 this week.

fantastic tire !
                              even on the cold damp roads and with little warm up they grip like crazy.
                              I have a set of Conti ATTCK 2 ready to go on my bike come nicer weather otherwise I would get the Apex.
                              I would rather have grip and control then mileage
                              98 GSX750F
                              95 Honda VT600 vlx
                              08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Working...
                              X