X

K&N Filters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K&N Filters

Hey guys I am ordering a D&D exhaust and I was thinking about getting a K&N filter as well....I could go ahead and buy the exhaust now and have it on the way, but then I thought I should buy a k&n filter before I install the slip on exhaust......so should I want another 2 weeks and get the k&n along with the D&D then, or are you guys like me and want everything now and just get the D&D and install it.......does the K&N make a big difference? And are they hard to install?

Thank you

KNOW THIS:

If you go with the K&N filter, you will need to rejet. You may need to rejet simply because of the D&D slip-on, although on a 98+ it shouldn't be necessary to do more than richen up the pilot settings with the slip-on alone.

If you have to rejet, you want to get everything that might affect the jetting together and install it all at the same time (end-can, filtration, advancer), so you can tune the jetting once instead of retuning for each addition.

IMHO: skip the K&N. Unless you go for a complete end-to-end exhaust, you shouldn't need the extra air flow, and the stock filter does a better job of filtering. Additionally, all the jet kits I've seen for the 98+ kats are designed for the OEM filter (although they can be tuned with extra work for the K&N).

Cheers
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
      KNOW THIS:

IMHO: skip the K&N. Unless you go for a complete end-to-end exhaust, you shouldn't need the extra air flow, and the stock filter does a better job of filtering.

=-= The CyberPoet
      This is absolutely correct. Skip the K&N. The only benefit they have is that they are reusable. We have seen that the K&Ns actually tend to make bikes lose hp (Anywhere from 1-3 hp). The stock filter is cheaper and works better.
      If you're not on a SpeedWerks bike, you're probably behind one.

www.speedwerks.com

Comment

Thanks alot guys you have been a great help!!
        Thanks Cyberpoet!

Comment

Working...
        X