X

Need opinions on phoenix 2.0 pants

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need opinions on phoenix 2.0 pants

So I live in Socal where it gets very hot and the winters are relatively mild.

I need to invest in a pair of riding pants, and the Joe Rocket phoenix 2.0 pants caught my eye. I need a pair of over pants that will suffice for the summer and do double duty in the winters here. Since it hardly ever rains here, rain won't be an issue. But the last thing I want is a pair of pants I'll only wear during the winter leaving me protectionless in the summer.

Is this going to do the job? Or should I opt for a non mesh textile? Since I'm always wearing slacks for work or jeans, I should be able to stay warm with pants underneath, or during the hot season I could just go commando with a non mesh, as it would basically be the same as having 1 pair?

Any thoughts?
    WTB: ANY Katana located in Bangkok, Thailand. :-/

I don't know about the JR pants, but New Enough is doing a deal on River Road pants. ($40).

They're pleanty warm with the liner, and the breeze flows through the mesh well. Pleanty of padding too. It wasn't any hotter than riding with jeans. I sweat my *** off regardless.

I wear a 30 and got a 32 and they fit over my slacks.

It zips backwards from my JR jacket, so just keep that in mind. I had to cut off the zipper and sew it back on backwards. So I could zip the jacket to the pants.

Comment

I have corteck, JR, First Gear, Icon, even Answer and MSR pants and Jackets, all are textile expect one is a leather jacket.

I like to ride all year around, so on super hot days I have Mesh ones, but on the really cold days I have to layer up.

The little trick for cold weather is I got myself a one size larger insulated snow bibs/pants combo on top of my riding pants. With a snow bibs/pants combo I am able to withstand the colder days in the East Coast winter with wind chill in sub zero.

For west coast, get a pair of one size larger snow pants on discount. Wear it over your regular riding pants when needed. You always have to option of removing it when you don't need it! The best part is that they are also water resistant so you don't have to worry about getting wet.
      sigpic

"You can make more friends in two months by becoming interested in other people than you can in two years by trying to get other people interested in you."

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I ended up getting a pair of river road MOJAVE mesh convertibles. They are on the large size, so I plan to layer up under the gear in the winters, and it's waterproof!
        WTB: ANY Katana located in Bangkok, Thailand. :-/

Comment

I actually have a JR waterproof pants and it not as breathable as I would like it to be. I have to leave the size zipper that run along the outside of the pant open most of the time to let it breath.... other than the breathable issue all else are fine.
          sigpic

"You can make more friends in two months by becoming interested in other people than you can in two years by trying to get other people interested in you."

Comment

Working...
          X