• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Oh I scrape my pegs all the time!"

"Oh, my pegs scrape all the time!"

"Do your pucks touch?"

"I don't have any pucks"

I've had this argument so many times and I could never find this picture I had....now I've found it!

...and yes, it was posted way back when in the Oh-Five

sweet pic, i put my bike down quite a bit as well

Comment

Yeah, it's my favorite Kat pic....and it shows that if your pegs are scraping, and your knee's not gridin' you're forms off, and you better get your a$$ off the seat.

Comment

And with a Kat your ass is OFF the seat....unless you gots dem long legs.
        1995 GSX-R 750W (Barney Bike - Street)
        2004 GSX-R 600 (Race Bike) - Powered by MoPowerSports.com
        Certified Addicted Racing/Trackday Monkey & Gixxer Fixxer // WERA West #224

Comment

Right click save as !

Comment

Sweet pic, i havent went that far down yet. im always thinking im going to run out of tire!!! I wanna try!!!!!
            "No regrets, that's my motto. Well... that and everyone Wang Chung tonight." -Out Cold 2001

Comment

Can someone scrape my pucks for me at the gap in a few weeks?
              -Steve

sigpic
              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
              Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by steves
                I use a belt sander with 80 grit. It looks just like the real thing.

Comment

Originally posted by steves
                  on your bike or mine

Comment

I can scrape the left one for you.
                    www.mopowersports.com

Comment

ok guys. so when u drag ur knee pucks;do u have to put a lot of pressure on them? does the bike really use ur knee to help it turn,like a crutch in a way? and if u have knee guards on, not pucks,will that still work?
                      i started to work on my form a bit into turns. i go in a bit late,and try to get my ass of the seat.i think late apexing is good,especially when turning to the left.i think it works,i believe im taking turns without so much lean on the bike,using my wieght to turn her.most of the time im working on form , like i said,so im not focusing on speed so much.BUT,when i do rail i notice that my knee comes pretty close to the ground!
                      before i take the "drag ur knee" step,id feel better to have some advise.so hit me up.....
                      << RIDE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT !! >>
                      KRAZYKAT'S KATANA PICTURES

Comment

no the bike doesnt use your knee as a crutch there no weight on your knee it main used as a gauge to let you know jsut how close the ground is and yes the first time you drag your knee is gonna scare the crap out of you cause your knee will kinda slaps the ground and wiggles and you think your gonna be yanked off the bike and youll pull your leg up tight to the bike even though your hangin off or atleast i did

Comment

does it continue to wiggle , or does it get stable? and if i pull my leg tight , what r my chances of falling off? did u fall off?
                          one of the first times dragged my peg it scared me. the whole bike kinda wiggled a bit,felt like the back wheel was taking flight.
                          << RIDE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT !! >>
                          KRAZYKAT'S KATANA PICTURES

Comment

I did the same thing dave. I got my knee down last year at the rally. Jim came up to me and said man you are only about an inch away from dragging your knee. So I went back out and got my knee down. So yeah it will scare you the first time but after that it is all Natural.
                            www.mopowersports.com

Comment

I just recently learned myself. The thing that helped me most was foremost, new tires -- properly scrubbed in, of course. It is easy to have confidence in good tires.

The other thing that helped was an article that I can't find now that said essentially, "Hang off the bike as far as you can. Then, once you think you are hanging off as far as you can, hang off further." It was quite hard up and to touchdown, as HS2020 said. Meaning, it is a scary feeling searching with your knee to find the road, until you do it. Once I felt my slider touch, I instinctively pulled my knee up, then chuckled at myself for doing so. After that, I was able to take turns with knee feeling out the ground at will. You "know" where it is and it is less scary.

It's best to, when your knee does touch, pull it up just a hair. Then if it touches again, you know that you are getting ready to drag hard parts and are reaching the limits of your lean. This I read in another's post somewhere. It is possible to put too much knee to the ground and upset the bike. You are not a tripod.

Like was already said, if you are doing this on a Kat, you really have to get off the seat -- even more if you have the gel seat like I do.

Here's an article that explains it a bit. Be sure your tires are warm!

*Attempt on a closed course and at your own risk.

Comment

Working...
                              X