X

got new gloves but.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• got new gloves but.....

i tried on a bunch of differnt brands, but these i liked the most.

Here

I bought mediums cause they werent too tight, but after irding for 2hours , there was too much excess finger past mine.So i went back and got the small. I have small hands anyway. went riding for another 1hr today and this size was better, i could work levers and buttons better, but i could almost NOT get them off when both are on. When i get one off the other is alittle easier to get off.

Can anyone tell me how to work these gloves in quicker, without putting in washer(which i know is bad)
    " The key to Immortality., is first living a life worth remembering." -St Augustine

Just wear them around house. They will loosen up. You can soak leather in water say take a hot bath. Make it as hot as you can stand it. The gloves will conform to your hands better. I have the same gloves and I have ridden in mine twice now and they have loosen up to where they are not stiff anymore. So that is an option for you as well. By the way where did you get yours from?
    www.mopowersports.com

Comment

You may want to try some leather conditioner or even hand cream. If you put the gloves on then work the conditioner on as if you are washing your hands they will break in. I know a few welders that use hand cream to loosen leather gloves that have stiffened up due to welding heat. If you go the water route you need to make sure that you keep the gloves on until they are dry. If you do not they can shrink.

Comment

It's true it can take a while to break in a
        glove, but once you do!! I was worried about mine until they broke in.. Wear them while doing yard work?

Comment

When I first got my jr phoenix gloves it took me forever to break them in.. i tried soaking them in water and wearing them, and that helped but it still took a good couple months of everyday riding to really get them to feel comfortable.

Comment

Originally posted by tzortn
            You may want to try some leather conditioner or even hand cream.
            +1

Leather is skin... And like skin, drying water out of leather will cause it to crack because it carries away the oils that help keep it supple. Depending on what Danaise coated the leather with, you may need to mildly strip the surface to get a conditioner into the leather (saddle soap will work well on most water-borne coatings; a bit of lighter fluid on a paper towel will remove virtually all plasticine coatings but go easy so you don't strip out the dyes).
            In the military, we took our boots and gloves and would coat them with a thick layer of Kiwi brand mink oil (a soft-paste product, most grocery stores carry it), leaving about 1/8" layer on them, then warm lightly them with a hair dryer to liquify the mink oil and help drive it into the seams & leather surface. Or you'd just leave the mink oil built up on the surface as you wore them (like on the boots) for a couple days. Pure Neatsfoot oil does the same, but as a liquid, doesn't layer up. Obviously, you don't want your controls greasy, so that's not an option when riding, but you can wear the gloves in the house and just keep flexing them with a conditioner or mink oil on them. Wipe off the excess before you ride again.
            The downside to a heavy layer of mink oil or neatsfoot oil is that they tend to make the leather waterproof -- which isn't good if you are in a weather environment where your hands tend to sweat a lot (hot temps) -- the sweat will mix with the oils and your hands will come out sticky and greasy (not an issue in cold-weather enviroments for most).

Cheers,
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
            X