X

Help me pick one of these jackets

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me pick one of these jackets

Hey. I am about to pull the trigger on a jacket in the next day or so. I just cant make up my mind on which one to get. I am trying to decide between two Joe Rocket jackets and one ICON jacket. Let me know whatcha think. All 3 are leather. (I've done a search on these jackets, just trying to get current opinion)

My ride is 2004 SV650S in Yellow/Black

ICON Motorhead jacket (yellow) for $289

Joe Rocket Blaster 2.0 on closeout for $169 (the grey one)

Joe Rocket 990 on closeout for $219. (black only)

Thanks alot!

I like the ICON and the Joe Rocket 990. Just think if you get the 990 and repaint/get a new bike...you wont have to get a new jacket to match
    Just remember: Satan loves you

Comment

Joe Rocket 990 would be my first choice also , black leather never goes out of style . Icon would be second. The blaster would be dead last for me it is way too loud.

Comment

ICON
        Guylaine
        Try and keep up now

Comment

i have a icon mesh jacket and love it

Comment

The 990, Why?

Black- goes with everything even the paint on your new bike 10 years from now

More importantly IMHO, it has both a 360 and a 8 inch zipper. Add a matching pair of pants with a 360 zipper(speedmaster/bulldog/blaster) and you have yourself a 2 pc suit that will qualify for most if not all track days.
            Kyle

Comment

I just recently got my JR 990. It is comfortable with the exception of the collar. It tends to choke some when leaned over. I just don't zip it all the way or fasten the velcro. Its not broke in yet, so that slight discomfort might change. It is pretty bad-arse looking, and it goes with everything. I got mine from mcsuperstore on e-bay. It was $175 with $20 shipping. They ship from Canada, so it took a couple extra days to get it.
              AAA-Anarchy, Armaggedon, Annihilation

Comment

Icon
                I don't need a girlfriend... Windows goes down on me everyday!

Comment

Before you buy -- where are you? The weather may play into the decision...

Cheers,
                  =-= The CyberPoet
                  Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Cyber, I am on the East Coast, ranging between NC and FL.

Comment

Originally posted by Tripwire
                      Cyber, I am on the East Coast, ranging between NC and FL.
                      I'm going to recommend you take a close look at a Joe Rocket Sonic Perforated (leather). It's not as bling in appearance, but the protection and closure systems are better than the other JR stuff you listed, it is perforated for hot-weather riding, and comes with an effective zip-in/snap-in lining that makes it useable down to about 45 degrees (the Blaster perforated doesn't for example). Given the range that you are covering, I wouldn't recommend any solid leather jacket for summer use (simply gets too hot). If you shop around, you should able to find one significantly cheaper than newenough lists them for (the Sonic have been unchanged on the market for 3+ years). Depending on your size, I may even have a Sonic for you used (I outgrew it -- width-wise, the Sonic I have is a size 42) that you could have dirt-cheap... I bought a JR Blaster 2.0 to replace it (in a larger size) and had to drag the blaster to my cobbler to have snap-closures added to the wrist because the stock design closure (just a zipper) is crappola (unzips at speed from wind pressure).

Cheers,
                      =-= The CyberPoet
                      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

island-racing.com
                        I haven't used them yet but their prices are

low.

Take a Spin With The KR Mascot...
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdjHBFbMAWE

Comment

Working...
                        X