X

bike stories

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bike stories

there has been alot of thread lately about accidents and people getting hurt but I would like to heard some stories about good rides where know one gets hurt, these rides when you get home with a big smile on e your face.

For me I had one of the best rides that I had in years just last week. Some friends and I went riding to the north shore (beach). We just took our time and had know where to be. We put about 200 miles on the bikes and saw beautiful beaches, sand dunes, lighthouse and wild life. We ate at a small takeout for lunch located on the harbour that serves fresh lobster right off of the fishing boats.

after we were done riding we stoped off at a friend place and had a few beer (2) and BarBQ. Then we went and picked up the GF's and went riding during sunset, just a nice way to finish the day (and the GF liked it to .

A few weeks ago I had a great day riding in the Bear Mountain Region in N.Y. Great roads, great scenery and very light traffic. Weather was perfect and logged about 175 miles. A real sweet day of riding. Plus I was the only Kat at the bike hang-out at the top of the mountain!!

Comment

my most recent fun rides? well I went to the store and got a pack of smokes yesterday. That was fun. I would probably have better stories to share if it ever STOPS F***ING RAINING!
      I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

What do you want? How far?

Phoenix to Tampa in a single run, eventless except for the local cop in Louisianna who wanted to drag race his custom Nova against my bike from the only traffic light in town because he was bored. 44-1/2 hours of safe riding in a single run.

The time I fell asleep somewhere in north Florida on US 19 after running Birmingham-Atlanta-Birmingham and then heading for Tampa the same night? 17 miles later I awoke, still upright and on the road.

Or more recently... 654 miles to the Gap from my house to attend last year's KR rally... 654 miles back too... peaceful miles in the heat and sun and rain?

I haven't had an MC accident in 20 years (I don't count the lady who hit the back of the kat with the van and got can-openered by my Givi luggage racks, because I stayed upright and had zero damage). There are tales to be had!

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Any ride when you dont go down is a good ride story

I generally dont talk too awful much in detail about a particular ride because I dont want to jinx myself for the next time.

A few weeks back me, slapshot, & macgyver had a good ride up to Carlisle and through some mountains with some great twisties. It got cut short from rain but it was a good time.

Comment

Well, I rode to the beach today, meeting the wife and kids who took the car.

My favorite rides are down A1A along the beach from my house to as far as Miami. It's a slow ride because it's mostly 1 lane in either direction and the speed limit is 35MPH (strictly enforced), but you can see the ocean almost the whole way. Nice, calm, leisurely riding. Good scenery - hot girls in bikinis I can't touch and homes I can't afford . Still my favorite riding down here.
            ****** WAS...Ma Ma Ma My Katana ******

Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus Latinus alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes.

Comment

I went for a nice ride yesterday in between all the rain in Boston for an hour and a half ride through Lexington and Bedford. I lucked out because right as I pulled into the garage it started pouring, again! Rain, please go away and come back another day, I want to ride!! When the sun decides to come out again, I will take a pic. I am a newbie and have not posted one yet.
              "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
              JOHN 16:33

Comment

Great ride today. Rode from Montgomery to Atlanta (150 miles) with some fellow bikers (I met the yesterday). Had dinner at Glady's and Ron's chicken and waffles, then went to the strip club. Made it back in time to go to work.
                "Knowledge comes from finding the answers, yes, but understanding what the answers mean is what brings wisdom. Men who didn’t understand the difference have been the ruin of some of the world’s greatest civilizations." - Lionel Luthor

Comment

We had a great ride to Wasaga beach. It wonderful day and when we got there we sat around watching the bikini clad girls. We also saw some hot looking girls there as well. Also, there were some scantily clad girls in their bathing suits which made relaxing more enjoyable. Did I mention we say some nice looking girls?
                  "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Comment

Had PLENTY of good rides . Even when it was 30* out and started snowing .
                    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I don't mind going down.

I don't like falling when I am on the bike though.
                      Kan-O-Gixxer!
                      -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                      -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                      -Ohlins Susupension
                      -Various Other Mods

Comment

[quote="The CyberPoet"]What do you want? How far?

The time I fell asleep somewhere in north Florida on US 19 after running Birmingham-Atlanta-Birmingham and then heading for Tampa the same night? 17 miles later I awoke, still upright and on the road.

Cheers,
                        =-= The CyberPoet[/quote

Now That is scary. Wake up and not sure where you are at

Comment

any ride that begins with i was going to/leaving starbucks is bound to be a good ride.

Comment

Originally posted by nitros222
                            Now That is scary. Wake up and not sure where you are at
                            I knew exactly where I was at... what was scary was that I fell asleep at the handlebars. Sometimes I think my gaurdian angel has worked overtime when I'm on two wheels, especially that first year of riding.

Cheers,
                            =-= The CyberPoet
                            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by mx916
                              A few weeks ago I had a great day riding in the Bear Mountain Region in N.Y. Great roads, great scenery and very light traffic. Weather was perfect and logged about 175 miles. A real sweet day of riding. Plus I was the only Kat at the bike hang-out at the top of the mountain!!
                              Bear Mt is a great ride, cant count how many times I've done it. There's a deli on rt. 35 that sells a great turkey sand. and 1 ice cold bud. Nothing better than sitting on that overlook and taking it in..

Comment

Working...
                              X