X

Bridgestone Battlax Tires ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bridgestone Battlax Tires ?

OK, I did a search and saw the tires mentioned here and there, but didn't see any opinions.

Anyway, a friend of mine took his bike in to get new tires over the weekend. He went in to get Metzlers, but the guy talked him into getting Bridgestone Battlax tires instead.

The weird things is that they had the Metzlers in stock (he saw them) and they were more expensive, but the guy told him to save some $$$ and go with the Brigstones because they were just as good.

Anyone know if this is true? Think the guy was just looking to get rid of some of his Bridgestone stock? I just don't understand why he would want to sell the less expensive tires when someone comes in asking for the more expensive tires. Either he's the most honest salesperson in the world, doesn't know his tires or is looking to clear old stock. I think those are the only three choices...

BTW - my friend has a '99 Gixxer. Any opinions?
    ****** WAS...Ma Ma Ma My Katana ******

Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus Latinus alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes.

I hate slickstones. I have however sold a bunch of sets to people when I worked at cycle gear. It was the BT014. I had a few people come in and jsut rave about the grip of them. I just do not like them. The guy was riding on a VFR800 and the others were on SS bikes. So it is all in what you are comfortable with. Also the sales guy might get Spiff money for sales on Bridgestones. Cycle Gear if they sale you a set of Dunlops the sales person will make $2 and if you take the road hazard that is another $2 they make. Dunlops is Cycle Gears preferred tire brand now.
    www.mopowersports.com

Comment

I just put a BT45 on the rear, and I really don't like it. I had another model before that was pretty good, but I hate this one. Once that tire is toast, I am going back to metzellers.
      I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

I must diverge from the prevailing opinon for the moment. I picked-up a set of Bridgestone Battlax BT-020 tires (a 120/70/17 front and 150/70/17 rear). Compared to the stock Dunlop 205 set I had, the BT-020s have more grip and inspired riding confidence even in the rain.

So far I have clocked over 5000km on my current set and the wear has been good. The front barely shows any wear and the rear is begining to flatten (due to my extensive commuting) but still has many kms left. At my current rate of wear I should get about 10k to 12k from the rear tire before it will need replacing. The front may last almost as long a two rear tires.

I would recommend them to anyone that asks. However, I can only compare them to stock, which doesn't mean much.
        "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Comment

I have the the bridgestone battlax tires on my kat and think they are decent. granted, i don't have much to compare with considering this is my first bike and they were what was on it when i bought it. i was surprised yesterday though, when i noticed my friend's ninja 636 had the same tires on it from the factory. so i would assume they are at least somewhat decent, right? still want to go with the metzellars.

Comment

i have the bt 020s on my fz1. people bad mouth them but i've had no complaints. maybe i don't ride hard enough. i'm gonna try some metzlers next time just to try something different.
            '03 Yamaha FZ1

Comment

Originally posted by Kat-A-Tonic
              I must diverge from the prevailing opinon for the moment. I picked-up a set of Bridgestone Battlax BT-020 tires (a 120/70/17 front and 150/70/17 rear). Compared to the stock Dunlop 205 set I had, the BT-020s have more grip and inspired riding confidence even in the rain.

I would recommend them to anyone that asks. However, I can only compare them to stock, which doesn't mean much.
              BT-020s are Bridgestones Touring Tire.
              Here's a link to a couple of reviews.

The BT-014s come on the New Gixxers. They are briefly reviewed in the Spring issue of cycle Canada, along with the reviews of the 06 GSXR 600/750s.

"Speed Junkie Since 1975"

Comment

What about the Diablo Strada's? I'm thinking to get a set next time I need to change out my rear and fronts...I have the Metz on there right now but like most of us don't have anything to compare it to because that's what came on the bike.
                Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
                Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
                Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

Nothing but Pilot Powers for me. They work great, warm up quick, stick like glue, good wet weather traction, and inspire confidence in my riding.

If it aint broke, dont fix it as far as Im concerned

Comment

What kind of mileage do you get with those Matt?

I'm looking at buying into a group buy with a set costing me $370. taxes inc. dropped at my door.

I got about 12000, km. out of my BT-014s on my Kat, but these are going to be going on the new bike, once the originals need replacing.

Bob
                    "Speed Junkie Since 1975"

Comment

I've got battleax's on the bandito and have never disliked them enough to consider other tires.
                      -Steve

sigpic
                      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

A friend of mine owns a Bridgestone/Firestone dealer and over a bunch of beers he told me that the Battlax tire is an excellent product. This guy is honest to a fault and I trust his opinion. I like mine!!
                        R.I.P. Marc

Comment

I had BT 020's on my Bandit and they were fine, I liked them alot and had a lot of confidence in them.

Comment

Never been a big fan of 'stones, and I really disliked the Dunlop 208's on my last bike. I think Avons or Metz will be my next set.

Nice to see someone from KOP around here, Steves. I lived in Norristown for a year and a half, and I worked at the Tweeter in KOP as a car audio installer.
                            Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Originally posted by goldkat
                              A friend of mine owns a Bridgestone/Firestone dealer and over a bunch of beers he told me that the Battlax tire is an excellent product. This guy is honest to a fault and I trust his opinion. I like mine!!
                              OK, but has he ever given you this information sober

Thanks to everyone for your input. I told my buddy I thought he got suckered somehow, but it seems like he might have gotten a good product. I guess only he can tell me for sure after riding a little bit.

Thanks again!
                              ****** WAS...Ma Ma Ma My Katana ******

Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus Latinus alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes.

Comment

Working...
                              X