X

I keep hearing....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I keep hearing....

about the Gap rally.... Sounds like it would be fun....Where can I get all the info about it?

Comment

Dude ,that's weird . You'r link just goes to the index . I tried to post the same one , and it did the same thing . Here , copied and pasted ....
      Make your plans now to join us for the 2006 KatRiders.com Deals Gap Rally!

When: Sunday July 16th - Saturday July 22nd, 2006
      The members of KatRiders.com will once again be invading Deals Gap and the surrounding area of the Great Smoky Mountains to ride some of the best roads in the US. We have a professional photo shoot scheduled, lots of touring rides through the hills of TN and NC planned and excellent facilities reserved for partying and hanging out among friends. Last years rally was a great time and this year is promising to be even better. Don't miss it!

Where: TheTreeTops Resort
      Located right off the Cherohala SkyWay and just minutes from the Tail of the Dragon we will be renting the entire grounds and all 3 vacation houses. Each house has it's own garage for parking and working on bikes, color television with Dish Satellite (HBO, Showtime, Speedvision, etc), DVD, VCR, telephone with free long distance in USA, DSL Internet access (for making fun of those who didn't go while we are there), full kitchens, outdoor gas grills, hot tubs, full laundry facilities and more. Have a look at their website! We think you'll agree that this is the IDEAL place to hold our rally.

Accommodations - On-Site
      All 20 beds at TheTreeTops are currently sold out. Don’t worry though there are still plenty of options left for those who would like to join us and missed reserving a bed in one of the houses. Below are a just a few of the options available that are nearby and/or cheap for you to consider.

Crash Beds - A few people have said that would like to come but can not stay the entire week. If this is you we have a queen pull out-couch and a futon at that are available for $20/night. Keep in mind that these are both in public areas of the houses (living room) so if you opt for them you will likely be the last to sleep and the first to rise and at the mercy of the other house guests. Check with BraadaJim to book the Couch or Futon.

FREE Camping - Those who would like to camp may do so right on TheTreeTops property at no charge and there is no need to look elsewhere. We have secured full use of the grounds and may put up as many tents and campers as we like. You are welcome to use the shower and facilities at any of the houses.

Accommodations - Off-Site
      The Blue Boar Inn - http://www.blueboarinn.com
      The Blue Boar is about 5 minutes down the road from TheTreeTops and is a hotel/cottage setup aimed at those looking for a secluded mountain retreat in a more upscale catered to environment. Rooms are $100-$155/night

Topoco Lodge Resort - http://www.tapocolodge.com
      Topoco is located about 10 minutes from TheTreeTops and right at the beginning of the Dragon (if you make the full 11 mile run) at Fugitive Dam with a Restaurant, Gas pump, and many other amenities on hand. Rooms and cabins range from $59/night - $169/night.

Phillips Motel Robbinsville - http://www.phillipsmotelonline.com
      Located in Robbinsville the Phillips motel with is a small motel with cottages and basic amenities. No frills here but the price is low, you'll be in town (stores/restaurants) and only about 15 minutes away from TheTreeTops. Rooms range from $35- $125/night

Robbinsville Microtel - http://www.microtelrobbinsville.com/
      Located in Robbinsville, the Microtel is a standard full service hotel with standard amenities. In town and walking distance to groceries and restaurants it is about 15 minutes from TheTreeTops Resort. Rooms start at $60/night

There are many other hotels, Inn’s and vacation rentals in the area, these are just a few we found that were nearby. Many more can be found HERE and HERE

Past events, both KR and others have proven that the only way to really be a part of the rally and have the best time is to be centrally located to the main group. This is a big part of why we chose TheTreeTops for this rally although we did not expect to sell out so quickly. If you plan to come you really do owe it to yourself to try to stay on TheTreeTops grounds if you can. If a real bed is a must have item for you then try to stay as close as possible and plan to rise early to get to TheTreeTops to spend the day with us. We will not be making a "daily hotel run" to get people so you'll need to show up at the daily riders meeting to join us for the rides. We don't want anyone feeling left out and being away from the group may just present that problem so consider that before you opt to stay somewhere else.

Hope to see you all there!
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

There try that one Not that it matters anymore since the info was copied already. I just wanted to make sure there wasnt a problem with that forum.

Comment

Originally posted by WildKat
          http://www.katriders.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=48

There try that one Not that it matters anymore since the info was copied already. I just wanted to make sure there wasnt a problem with that forum.
          Same thing Matt. Geez, Z pokes his head in here today and now linking to other topics is broken

Comment

It works for me, is your insomnia catching up to you Dan?

Comment

Working...
            X