Anyone interested? - 1990 Suzuki "Katana" 1100 - $950

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone interested? - 1990 Suzuki "Katana" 1100 - $950

sigpic

If only I had the money...I'd fly out and ride that bad boy all the way back (with something over the cracked seat).
    Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
    -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
    -Terence

Comment

other than the seat its looks to be in good condition for the year
      sigpicAllan

If you love it, let it go. If it comes back to you, you've high-sided!

Comment

Ther ya go Tom, that one has a lot fewer miles than your Busa. What a bargain for you huh ? That way I can buy your Busa for 950.00 so you can buy that Big Kat ....
        The people who think they know everything always mess it up for those of us who do .....

BIGKAT1100

Comment

Originally posted by BIGKAT1100 View Post
          Ther ya go Tom, that one has a lot fewer miles than your Busa. What a bargain for you huh ? That way I can buy your Busa for 950.00 so you can buy that Big Kat ....

It's official... all that good southern cooking has gone to your head.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tdrcomm View Post
            It's official... all that good southern cooking has gone to your head.
            Like Mcdonalds, Starbucks pastries, and Moe's Burrito joint .....
            The people who think they know everything always mess it up for those of us who do .....

BIGKAT1100

Comment

Yes, Yes, I am interested. But no, no I can't. WAY to far out of my "go drive to pick up a bike I have zero use for, but way to good of a deal to pass up" range. Somebody BUY THIS.

Comment

personally, I would not go so far as to call it a "great deal". it is a decent deal at the very most....if that. with 35k miles on it and a "custom paintjob", which is a polite term for "this bike has been neglected and abused and scratched to chit", I would not give any more than that, and would be trying to get it even cheaper.

it looks like a bike that would need maybe a grand put into it to get it back up to par. there are half a dozen for sale close to me in the $2-3k price range. I would pay up to $2500 or so for one with decent stock paint before buying that one. Once you paint an older kat like that, the value drops quite a bit....unless it is one hell of an exceptional paintjob.

that is just mho.
                I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

I agree with MOJOE

I paid $350 for my '88 with 39,000 km and sunk $1000 into just to get it on the road. Thats doing all the work myself, all new wheel bearings (free), tires brakes , carb sync, new front sproket all fluid changes, beef up the sagging front.

I still need to do front springs, rear sproket, chain, cam chain inspection/adjust, valve adjustmentand battery. The paint is original with dents in the tank, broken fairing work and several scratches.

I must admit thou its a pleasure to ride and never fails to pull me back in the seat.
                  1988 Katana 1100 (sold)
                  2004 Hayabusa

Comment

..... I would pay up to $2500 or so for one with decent stock paint before buying that one. Once you paint an older kat like that, the value drops quite a bit....unless it is one hell of an exceptional paintjob.

that is just mho.[/quote]

I feel much better about putting a thousand bucks into an '88 (21K miles) 1100 Kat that was donated to me gratis. Until I read Mojoe's reply, I was planning on repainting this '88 project bike. Mojoe....After rubbing out the scuffs and scratches, It appears that it is better to live with the cracks, scratches and discoloration than to paint over stock paint. Agree?

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                      I feel much better about putting a thousand bucks into an '88 (21K miles) 1100 Kat that was donated to me gratis. Until I read Mojoe's reply, I was planning on repainting this '88 project bike. Mojoe....After rubbing out the scuffs and scratches, It appears that it is better to live with the cracks, scratches and discoloration than to paint over stock paint. Agree?
                      actually, since your bike was free, I would not worry about it's value going down if you paint it. I was talking more about what I would pay for one if I had to buy it. I would pay $2k for one with a decent stock paint job before paying close to a grand for one with a "custom" job. by keeping the stock paint, it almost guarantees that will you get close to your investment back even after a couple of years riding it. plus if someone has managed to keep the paint looking good after 15 years, then chances are the rest has been somewhat well looked after as well.

long story short.....you have the perfect "project bike" to paint as you wish. it was free, and it needs paint. even if you put $500 into a paint job, you will have a great bike for $1500.00
                      you can't do much better than that.
                      I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

See !!!!! ... you guys made them delete the post from Craigslist. I hope you're happy with yourselves ......

BIGKAT1100

Comment

Pretty sure it was sold.

Gotta go buy some tires, BRB.
                          What's the biggest size tire you can put on a Kat 1100, anyway?
                          sigpic

Comment

I have a 160/80ZR16 Avon Azaro AV36 on the rear and a Avon Azaro AV45 120/80ZR16 front.
                            My carbon foot print is bigger than yours.

1988 GSX1100F with 93 plastic, Avon AV45 front & AV36 rear rubber and a SS2R full exhaust system.
                            Other bikes:
                            2 1985 CR500
                            1 1987 CR500
                            1 2003 CR85 Supermoto

Comment

Working...
                            X