X

Need a colour code...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a colour code...

I'm getting Mojoe to paint my pre-98 in a few weeks and I need help identifying a colour code. I'm not sure exactly where I got this picture but I'm pretty sure it's a common colour for the 98+. I started going through some member profiles but I've been at it 30 mins now and can't locate the ride.

Thanks in advance for the help.
    There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of creatures Chuck Norris has allowed to live.

Comment

Doesn't really help a whole lot. If I knew the year of the bike in the pic yes but there's a lot of different greys and silvers in the post 98 750's.
      There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of creatures Chuck Norris has allowed to live.

Comment

2005. It's the lowers that make the difference.

Here is the Color Rite page that includes the Suzuki paint code.

Compare the bike here.
        Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
        -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
        -Terence

Comment

Can't go wrong with colorrite.
          "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
          JOHN 16:33

Comment

Right on - thanks guys!

Comment

Originally posted by katanasoldier
              yes you can! It's TOO DAMN EXPENSIVE!!!!!!

I just went to the canadian color-rite distributor site, and that gray is $200 a quart.
              I am sorry to say it, but that is just insane. $129 a pint is even more insane.

But hey.....it's your money...spend it as you wish. I will stick with the quality automotive paints that I can get for way less than half that price.
              I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe

I just went to the canadian color-rite distributor site, and that gray is $200 a quart.

But hey.....it's your money...spend it as you wish. I will stick with the quality automotive paints that I can get for way less than half that price.
                gotta agree with Mojoe on this. Although I have never sprayed with colorrite, so I cannot speak to the level of quality. There are many high quality options for much less.

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

Originally posted by chinto
                  Originally posted by Mojoe

gotta agree with Mojoe on this. Although I have never sprayed with colorrite, so I cannot speak to the level of quality. There are many high quality options for much less.
                  and I have to be honest.....it makes me nervous using it. shit can happen, and one fuckup can mean buying more paint out of my pocket....which in this case would pretty much swallow my profit. Mind you, I don't forsee any major problems seeing as it is designed for use on bikes....but still.
                  One thing for sure.....when it comes time to lay that paint on the parts, the door is going to be locked and chained....and no one is coming in...lol.

Comment

what paint do you usually use mojoe?

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

someone help me out here.......is colorite already reduced when you buy it by the quart?
                      Normally, I can buy a pint of paint and reduce it 50/50 and end up with a quart, which is plenty to do a bike.
                      But on the colorite site, they say you need a quart to do a bike. If it was NOT already reduced, you could make 2 quarts out of it.....or at least 1 and a half.....which is almost enough basecoat to do a small car.

colorite is pretty much the only company that matches bike paint, isn't it? If so, it is that monopoly that is the reason people pay $200 for a pint of paint. They sell it at $200 a quart, but it is already reduced, which means you are only really getting about a pint of paint, and half a pint of reducer, which is worth about $10 tops.

insane hwy robbery.

Comment

Originally posted by chinto
                        what paint do you usually use mojoe?
                        RM, BASF....or whatever the house brand is at the time at my suppliers.
                        I tried some new stuff they got in last summer.....can't remember the name of it but I will take note of it next time I am in the shop. I loved it. It costs a bit less than RM, but works just as good.

Personally, I don't buy into all the hype like House of Kolors and stuff like that. Regular automotive paint works just as well. You only need to look at the paint on a new car to see that. The only way I would buy from someone like HOK is if it was a specialty color not available in reg paint.

Comment

Never said it wasn't expensive!!!!!!!!
                          "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."

Comment

I am not saying it is not good paint. It must be for them to still be in business at those prices. I will buy a pint of their cheaper color someday and experiment. If it works with my clear, then it might not be so bad to buy a quart of it. But if I have to use their clear that sells for double of or more of any other brand....well, forget it. I will never buy their paint again.
                            I would have to raise my price by 50-75% just to cover the cost of materials.

I don't like doing $7-800 paint jobs on bikes. At those prices, the customer is likely to go away just satisfied....where as the same results at 60% of the cost leaves them driving away with a big grin on their face thinking "awesome"....if you know what I mean.

Comment

I paid 70 bucks for a half pint and that was a pain in the ba11$. Looks good though.

Comment

Working...
                              X