X

How To Identify A Squid!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To Identify A Squid!

Ran across this on another forum and cracked up laughing....wanted to share with my peeps!

How To Identify A Squid!

A squidly maneuver gone bad might look like this.

Squids can be difficult to identify when off their motorcycles. Some squids are clever and able to conceal their squidlyness from their friends, riding buddies, and even their own mothers. That is why it requires a trained eye to catch one while off their bike.
    Conversely, on their bikes Squids are easy to identify. The difficulty is determining a Squid from a squidly maneuver. Any rider can pull a squidly maneuver, but that does not necessarily make them a Squid; It could merely be a lapse in judgment.
    The following are the results of extensive studies related to the activities and habits of The Squid. Hopefully this research will help you to understand them and their bizarre behaviors.

The Term Squid!

The Term Squid is a conjunction of two word abbreviations; Squirrely and Kid.
    It is often the case that Squids act squirrely and are young, but don't be mistaken! Squids range in age and even though their bikes may be covered in fur, they themselves look nothing like squirrels.

The Territory Of The Squid!

Many attempts have been made to tag the ears of a Squid with satellite tracking devices over the years. Researchers making these attempts have risked their lives, so that we can study the movements and the territory range of The Squid. Squids generally have a strange, negative, and violent reaction to these tracking devices. It's believed that this negative reaction may be an environmentally, psychological, negative reaction induced by their parole officers who use the same technology to track them or their family members while they were developing as infants.
    Research has been hampered by their unwillingness to wear the tracking devices, therefore researchers have come to the following conclusion: Researchers may have to dart one.
    Using tranquilizers is extreme and my even kill a Squid if it reacts negatively to the THC commonly found in their system. It is imperative to not only find a Squid, but find one off their bike. If darted while performing Squid activities, the Squid may be injured. Even though the Squid is accustomed to injury, they do show homicidal tendencies to those who dart them..Freaken Babies.

Squid Identification!

In some cases, Squids can be identified easily. They rarely, if ever wear, protective gear, and often can be seen riding while wearing shorts, T-shirt, and a helmet. They have a strong desire to show-off and will stand their bikes on the front or rear wheel for long periods of time.
    We believe this is some type of mating ritual. Young female Squids seem to be attracted to this behavior. Female Squids often ride on the back of motorcycles wearing little or no protection, but do carry protection in their purses and are very sexually active in the Squid community. They can mate with several different male Squids in a short period of time and are often discarded and considered disposable by the male Squids after procreation.
    There are non-Squids that do ride on one wheel. This is what makes Squid identification much more difficult. The primary difference between the Squid and Squid like activity is the safety of those around them.
    The Squid's purpose is to show-off and therefore requires the attention of those around them. They enjoy the shock factor of pulling past grandma on one wheel down the freeway. This is ok, but the Squid often places other bikers and civilians at risk other than themselves.
    The non-Squid generally only risks their own life. They perform the same as the Squid, but do not add additional risk to those around them. These activities are saved for the right place at the right time.
    sigpic

Anyone riding in shorts, a wife beater, and flipflops....automatic squid.
    Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
    Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

They're everywhere...
      "If a cluttered desk is sign of a cluttered mind....what then, of an empty desk?"

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...14&ref=profile

sigpic

Comment

isn't a rusty chain the sign of squidliness too?
        the kat may be the gixxer's retarded cousin, but she's a hefty broad... and i do loves me some girth between my thighs.
        # 99 HYPERSLOTH RACING
        [02 gsx750f][03 cbr600rr]

Comment

Originally posted by kat_kitten View Post
          isn't a rusty chain the sign of squidliness too?
          well maybe just off storage, but still.

Comment

I laugh as squids ride by, Cause I know there gonna be needing a skin transplant soon.
            You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'. -Homer Simpson

Death was Nature's way of telling you to slow down.

Comment

nice post!
              03/03/2010 - got 99 Kat 750 ,881 miles,blue, STOCK.
              04/03/2010 - 2069 miles. Burley frame sliders, mesh mod, carbs overhauled.
              08/05/2010 - 8562 Miles, SS lines, shovel del., int. brake light
              10/08/2010 - 9862 miles, GSXR cams, futomo Valve
              05/22/2011- 11884 Miles, -GSXR cams -Futomo Valve +advancer

Comment

you say that but i ride as careful as i can... i dont show off.... but at the same time will ride in jeans [only one time in shorts] tshirt and regular shoes...... mostly because i dont have the money yet for proper gear

Comment

Originally posted by poscarguy View Post
                  you say that but i ride as careful as i can... i dont show off.... but at the same time will ride in jeans [only one time in shorts] tshirt and regular shoes...... mostly because i dont have the money yet for proper gear
                  OH JESUS... DONT SAY THAT!...:::fingers in ears::: LA LA LA LA LA LA

Comment

From experience, a good pair of jeans can man up to even the more dramatic of situations.
                    I wouldn't say they're a substitute to my leathers, but nonetheless I'd argue that sturdy denim could be considered light ~note: LIGHT~ armour in it's own right.

Comment

when i was 12 years old i was riding on the back of my dads old 85 nighthawk 750. i was wearing a jeans and a fairly light bluejean jacket nothing heavy or special and we were rear ended by a drunk driver we were slowing and the car was accelerating. when we hit we were doing about 30 to 35, i was thrown off and was sliding on my back and side and i walked away with barely a scratch but i truly believe i was lucky in that though. especially that me and my dad walked away with nothing too bad...... the drunk guy died before he got to the hospital.......

and me and my dad were wearing full faced helmets also
                      Last edited by poscarguy; 04-09-2010, 08:27 PM. Reason: forgot info

Comment

when i was 12 years old i was riding on the back of my dads old 85 nighthawk 750. i was wearing a jeans and a fairly light bluejean jacket nothing heavy or special and we were rear ended by a drunk driver we were slowing and the car was accelerating. when we hit we were doing about 30 to 35, i was thrown off and was sliding on my back and side and i walked away with barely a scratch but i truly believe i was lucky in that though. especially that me and my dad walked away with nothing too bad...... the drunk guy died before he got to the hospital.......

and me and my dad were wearing full faced helmets also
                        The driver of the car...Did he need to go to the hospital BEFORE your dad beat the B'Jesus out of him? I won't even get into the drunk driving.
                        sigpic

"* JayBell notes that this appears to be a UNscheduled hazing of Mike "Looseplugs McStabbyfoot" Fitzpatrick"

2004 Katana 600 - Bought 01/06/2017

1993 Katana 600 - Traded for a truck.
                        2004 Katana 600 - Gone
                        2002 GSX-R600. - Gone

Comment

after my dad ran after me to check me out to be ok. he went after the driver but the witness of it was an off duty undercover that had to stop my dad cause my dad wouldve killed him right then and there. ever since i have hated drunk drivers and ive called the cops on my friends for driving........

Comment

I know all about being broke. This is my daily riding getup.

Helmet- Bell Zephyr, $50 (ironpony)
                            Gloves- tight-fitting leather palmed work gloves, $10 or so (menard's)
                            Jacket- brown leather, inherited it because the leather is thick, stiff and uncomfortable, $0 (family)
                            Boots- Lugz Drifters, usually. ~$50 (any shoe store, really any work boot...)
                            Jeans- Depend on the day

Based on previous pavement introductions, I'm pretty confident I'd be fine going down at 35-40 with a minimum of damage. Beyond that and it would probably be painful.

Honestly, assuming you already have a helmet, it probably would cost you about $100 total to get a cheap jacket (like this http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mens-...item3352715b84 ) a pair of gloves ( http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TEKNI...item25522976a2 ) and a pair of mildly supportive boots ( http://cgi.ebay.com/Mens-NIB-Rugged-...item895ed5b8e2 ), and that would save your skin much more effectively than going gloveless and jacketless, plus boots give your ankle a little more support, so if you come off you're less likely to snap it (and they don't fly off your feet while you tumble). Just a suggestion from another person that doesn't wear proper motorcycle leathers.
                            Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

I only have two words for squids. Natural Selection.
                              You may ask why, and I say cuz it works

Comment

Working...
                              X