No announcement yet.
X

Chain and Sprocket Kits...lower prices?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chain and Sprocket Kits...lower prices?

First off my situation is not a "normal" OEM chain / sprocket R&R.

I've got a 01 750 Kat engine in a 91 Kat 600 frame / body.

I kept the 14/46 setup that was on my 600 engine and put it on the '01 750 engine. It works fine..BUT......it's a lower geared (higher number) setup than what is OEM on a 98+ Kat 750.

01 Kat 750 should be 15/45.

What does that mean? It means I'm turning @6500RPM's running @70mph on the Interstate during my commute.

14/46 = 3.28 ratio
    15/45 = 3.00 ratio

Since my sprockets / chain is getting close to that time anyway....I'm going to go to the 15/45 setup.

I want to stay with a 530 setup and I want a steel rear sprocket for durability.

The gotcha is that 98+ Kats came with a longer chain than the 112 link pre 98 600 Kat.

So far the best deal I've found is at www.sprocketcenter.com
    Right at $170 shipped to my door for the steel sprocket set with chain. They also cut the chain to length for the year/model bike and the sprocket setup that you order.

RK530XSO chain and sprocket setup

We are sorry, but this page cannot be found. If you have any questions or can't find what you are looking for, please contact us .

Now check this out..

We are sorry, but this page cannot be found. If you have any questions or can't find what you are looking for, please contact us .

IS it me of is that a typo? The URL says RK, the title says RK, but the description says DID Chain????

Anyway....

Anybody found a better deal out there?

I want a QUALITY brand name setup, as I'm looking to get 20K miles out of the setup, especially as often as I lube the chain.......

Thanks

Chris

BTW CP... I'm probably going to hit you up for one of your rivet master link install tools.....
    Last edited by ctandc; 09-15-2008, 10:00 PM.

I'd call them for clarification.

As for distance -- you'll get 20k out of any brand of chain & steel sprockets as long as you're good about lubing; chain life is literally directly related to lube state.

I use the RK/Vortex combo's normally. Cutting a chain down by a few links is no big deal if you have a dremel, so you can look for a package deal on a stock chain & sprocket for an '98 - '06 750, then simply chop the chain down as needed (tip: put the chain over the sprockets and check how many links to remove before you start cutting).

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet

Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
    X