X

My stock (I think) 1992 Katana

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My stock (I think) 1992 Katana

OK, here are the first daylight pictures of the 1992 Katana 600 I bought last week. It's been 3 years since I've ridden, and that was an Intruder 1400. I only had it for about a year, and before that I had a DR350 dual sport about 10 years ago.

I've only been able to ride a couple times so far, and it's amazing how different this bike is to anything I've ridden before - in a good way. I did some mods to my Intruder, but haven't decided whether I want to do anything to the Kat. Finances will keep me from doing anything for a while anyway.
    Attached Files

Nice bike. First thing I would is chop the shovel off of the back.
    Four wheels move the body, Two wheels move the soul!!!
    Drop a knee,drop a gear, just don't drop the bike!!!!!

Comment

Nice find. It looks to be in great shape.

Comment

That's a nice looking bike
        This "Phat Chick" rides her own!!!
        BTW, I think they may have been correct. It does appear that BLACK is indeed the FASTEST color. R.O.R...R.I.P.M

Welcome to KatRiders.com!Click here to register

Support the KR.com site by shopping here: http://www.motorcyclegear.com/?utm_m...iderscom"]Help

Comment

WOW! It has been a long time since I have seen a 1992 Kat in that good of a condition.

Nice find man.

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
          who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

i love those red rims!

Long Live the D

Comment

That's a pretty clean looking bike for a 92. Where do you guys keeping finding these gems?
              Kyle

Comment

Nice looking kat, excellent conditions.
                Tito "Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work."

Comment

This ones been around. There's a 1998 New York inspection sticker on one of the forks. The guy I bought it from said he got it there, then had it trucked when he moved to CA, then it ended up in WA.

Comment

I got a 1991 kat 750 in Feb. I thought the first thing at first, about not modding it, but that quickly changed and since then I've done some budget friendly mods. As zukibud600 said the first thing I did and suggest is chopping the shovel, the hardest part of this is the actual chopping; there isn't a kit out there so you literally have to chop it off, don't worry if done correctly it enhances the look of the bike so much. The tool of choice here is a dremel tool or a tool as such. The total cost of the mod is the price of the tool. Oh and by the way, nice bike.
                    "If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough."
                    http://www.putfile.com/91750frider/images/6658

Comment

Yea, the more I look at the shovel the more I want it gone. I've also been reading the board, and found that the macadam tires are no good. Guess what's on the bike now - macadam's.

Like I said, money is tight right now, but tires have just gone to the top of my shopping list. The rear has a fair amount of tread, but the front is definately due. I don't know what kind of mileage to expect from the stock macadams, but the bike only has about 12.5k miles on it. I wonder if the front tire is original?

Comment

i think i tires should have the date it was made on it it

Comment

very good looking 92

Comment

Working...
                          X