X

Installing a compact air horn , absolutely a must have

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing a compact air horn , absolutely a must have

I can't even hear my own little beep beep horn that come with the bike , this horn helps out for the non idiots , many people still keep pulling into me with my horn blaring ..........

Ziptie the horn up to the left side light bracket

You can hold in place with temp ties till fairings are on

Make your relay wires kit to plug into your original horn plugs as the trigger . Don't forget to use dielectric grease and electrical tape on plugs to keep the connections from failing from corrosion.

The perfect spot to mount the relay , unscrew the bolt already holding down that black plastic engine part and screw the relay right on

Run your 12v wire along the side of the bike and either connect it to the battery or to the 12v unused terminal next to the area by the battery area , the white plastic cover of the main relay for the bike.

When installing the front fairing just lift the horn a bit and it will sit right in the fairing .
    sigpic

I used the OEM bracket for mine. Relay is a must. Mine came from Harbor Freight . WOLO BadBoy.
    Last edited by KAT TOY; 10-25-2018, 01:27 PM.
    never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Originally posted by KAT TOY View Post
      I used the OEM bracket for mine. Relay is a must. Mine came from Harbor Freight . WOLO BadBoy.
      Yes lots of places sell the wolo , I think harbor freight sells it the cheapest.
      I didn't want to put the horn in front of the oil cooler and in the area where the front tire goes up and down., and yes everyone relay relay relay , I did it the non relay way before and melted my horn switch on an extended horning at someone
      sigpic

Comment

Hey Van, glad to see you
        -Steve

sigpic
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
          Hey Van, glad to see you
          Thanks!, you too dude, feel bad I haven't been around for years , lifes problems and just don't take the time to do things I used to and so on , also i drive a honda PCX 150 , save a so much on gas and less wear on the bike.
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X