X

Helmets

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helmets

In the market for a new helmet. Shopping around just wondering if anybody has any ideas. I want a quite one.

what does "I want a quite one." mean?

Quiet?

Comment

New helmet

I relaced my Arai with a Shark & have been very happy with it. Sharks rate well in the Sharp Test from the UK, & cost half the price of a Shoei or Arai.
      DSCN3095.jpg

Comment

Had one Arai (saved my life) and currently a Shoei.
        The Shoei is quieter, hope I never have to compare it in a crash...
        2002 GSXF 750

Comment

I have an Arai and it fits like a glove but to be honest my ICON is quieter.
          Ride it like you stole it!!!

MSGT ANDREI A. YOUNG
          U.S.M.C Semper Fidelis!!!!

Comment

I just replaced my HJC Symax 2 with a Shoei rf-1100 Strife. I liked the Symax 2 because it was modular with shades, but wanted to try the Shoei. I just got it and plan to ride with it today if possible.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

TTT

I have a shoei RAID II

It´s really quite compared to the other two helmets I´ve used. The top vent is a bugger though I was recently discovered its been closed when I always thought it was open. I opened the damn thing and I though there was an airplane taking off couple feet above my head,,, and I hadn´t even left the parking lot hehe. Anyways really comfortable helmets and I think its really quiet.

Your greatest biking memories, start with the right motorcycle gear. Get geared right with GetGeared & a team with 20 years experience #ShopIndependent with Free UK Delivery & Returns with 0% Finance »
              -Four wheels move your body... two wheels move your soul

-0 to 60 faster then your first sexual experience

Comment

I've owned two Scorpion Exo 1000s and I can say they are amazing helmets. They seem to be more bulky then other helmets and have a lot more padding on the inside but you have my word it'll save your *** when doing a face plant over the bars at 50mph.
                "Everyone's a pacifist between wars. It's like being a vegetarian between meals." -Colman McCarthy

Comment

Best helmets I have ever seen
                  2000 Katana 600

Comment

Originally posted by nicholaskumm View Post

Best helmets I have ever seen
                    Really? I have a Fulmer and it was shot in less than two seasons...

RF1000 all the way, absolutely the best helmet for the money you can buy.
                    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                    Originally posted by soulless kaos
                    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

I'll vouch for the Fulmers also. I've had three; one of them saved me when I high-sided at 64 mph and the chin was the first thing that hit the highway. I walked away from it, or the ambulance ride at least.:bunny2

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Love my Shoei! An inexpensive helmet will protect you just as well in an accident but the better helmets are more comfortable to wear in between accidents-which hopefully is a long time!
                        Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                        HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

I second that. Yes the purpose of a helmet is all about accident protection. Hopefully though most rides are accident-free, in which case comfort is also a huge factor. I'm sporting the HJC (CL-16 fwiw). I imagine the protection factor between that and a 3- to 5 hundred dollar helmet is nominal. I do notice that mine's a little heavy after about 100 miles, dunno if it's the weight or the wind pressure.
                          The meaning of life is that life is meant to be lived

Comment

while we are talking helmuts does anyone know about the quality of MR2's and CKY's? I have a Bieffe and its well Beefy and really fugly so I am looking for a lighter more attractive one. Considering a HJC 15 air as well.

These brands just seem to be what the local shops have w/o taking out a loan for a new Shoei or Arai.

Comment

dont use these old kind ....

Comment

Working...
                              X