No announcement yet.
X

In Memory of CyberPoet

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had the pleasure of meeting Marc at the 09 rally. He really was a great person. Mike, as you said the Indian museum, I was bored as hell after like 5 minutes. That what Marc liked. Anything, that would teach him anything. He really had a thirst for knowledge of any kind. I will certainly miss him. He had a good heart. R.I.P. Marc.

Comment

i read his post about newbies before i bought my kat. I was unsure of wat to do and was scared of motorcycles. after reading his post i felt confident enough to ride one. the next week i purchased my new to me used kat.
      this is the best icon eva

Comment

Years.....

My last picture of him. Thanks Marc for teaching me so much!

LeTerisita

The kiss at my house....

The grillmaster

Mello Yello Only!!!

One of our rides...I think he wanted that cable.

During our Ocala ride.

CP and I

A stowaway! No..seriously, Marc asked me to snap this shot since that bug rode with him for miles and miles.
        [

On his Kat

Always a friendly wave...

Nothing needed to be said here...
        Last edited by FloridaKat; 09-21-2009, 08:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Some great pics. I think the one showing him waving to another rider in passing best encapsulates his attitude toward other riders.
          =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Marc visited Cali 2years ago...we were to get up a big ride for him, but rain hit. Well CP shamed me into a ride anyway....just Marc, the wife and I. ACH was soooo freekin foggy you could hardly see 10ft in frount of you! Good Times!

You SoCal boys have a far different concept of what constitutes rain than I do I guess (jaded from living in Florida maybe)... Thanks to Dennis, I did get out on ACH and up to Newcomb's. And for those of you who did miss the grill-out at Tom's (which didn't kick off until 4:15 or so because we were running late getting to & back from ACH), well, tough luck. You missed out on some thicker-than-thick Delmonico's made via my personal recipe.

I'm not 100% sure about whether I'm doing Palomar on Sunday morning -- depends on sleep mostly... I was up at 6:45 Saturday and showered and ready to ride when everyone blew me off because of "rain" (which was actually just a fine mist), and now I'm really tired but still have to clock in several hours of client-work (this is a working-trip in a sense -- I have to work no matter where I go).

Cheers
            =-= The CyberPoet

Comment

That was a great day at Teresita. We rode Marc's "telecomm loop" and then went there for lunch. I'm glad to have shared the tostones (fried green plantains with mojo) and even more glad to have shared your company. I think I had 3 mello yellows in my backpack I was carrying for him. I feel so mortal today, and so sad to have lost a friend. Mark, thanks for that pic, I didn't have it. I wish I wasn't wearing my new Shoei but I wanted to show it off.
              May the road rise up to meet you.
              May the wind always be at your back.
              May the sun shine warm upon your face,
              and rains fall soft upon your fields.
              And until we meet again,
              May God hold you in the palm of His hand.
              RIP Marc

Comment

Pic of a younger Marc

Well earlier this year I had gotten into conversation with CP for the possible purchase of his used luggage. In the end I did not buy it (couldn't make up my mind) but kept the photo...glad to be able to share this with KR.
                Attached Files
                2004 GSX750F

Comment

I got a few pics from past rallies I can add ....
                  From the '05 (and my first) rally :
                  Tom's grand arrival , and look who's right behind him ....

Dry Falls (stupid name , but I thought it made for somegood pics)

Same day ,different locale (waterfall run that day , so ...) . Look for the guy in yellow , the ONLY one looking at the camera

With one of the founding fathers of the forum

THat's all I got at hand right now . I'll now share a bit of a story .....
                  At that same rally , as we were leaving , I walked up to him , shook his hand , and said "it didn't entirely suck meeting you" , which he laughed at a little , and totally understood how I meant it , and said something to the effect of that was one of the most honest and nicest things said to him . You see , he CAN be annoying at times with his know-it-all-ness , and like most people , well , pretty much EVERYONE gets on my nerves at one point . And he did . But at the same time , he gets the cool nod from me . When he got on my nerves , all I'd have to do was tell him , and he'd back off , and be totally cool about it when most people would throw a tantrum or some such . I roomed with him TWICE , mainly because nobody else wanted to . I guess they were worried they'd get no sleep because he wouldn't ever shut up . But that wasn't a problem . He was the best roomie I had at any rally , honestly . Considerate , didn't snore , didn't smell TOO terrible ( SOME of you know who you are ) , and generally would just stay out of the way doing his best not to intrude on your personal space . No , I may have got stuck with him twice , but I actually enjoyed it . F*** man , the guy even bought me low-acid oj every year because he knew I had stomach problems . I mean , many GIRLS aren't even that thoughtful ! I'ma go out to the garage now , have me some brandy , pour one for him , and see of he has any advice , stories , or if he just wants to watch while I work on my bike , which has a few things on it I got from/because of him .
                  I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I have no pictures of a man I called "friend." We never met face-to-face in the years I knew him, never got to ride together, never got to shoot the shiate over a steak and a good bottle of cabernet.

I met him like most folks on KR meet him. Bought a beat up bike with a whole lotta problems, seeking out those that know better than I, enter KR.com. Within a few posts it became evident that Marc absolutely knew what he was talking about. And, over the next few months, every "well, what about this?" was answered with a detailed, thoughtful explanation.

"This guy can't be real, can he?" I remember the jokes floating around that Marc was actually a super-computer in the basement of some science building and not actually a regular guy. As it turns out, the jokes were half right.

Marc was no regular guy.

I remember once, a few years ago, when the phone rang at home. It was Marc and he needed a favor. Thinking, "Awesome, I can be the one to help him for a change," I headed down to my office to take the call in private.

Turned out, he had a friend going through a difficult time, separating from a spouse and Marc was deeply concerned about him. Marc wanted him to talk to me about domestic relations law and how to best protect himself from the usual pitfalls that guys fall into in the early stages of separation.

It was Marc, so, "absolutely no problem," I said. Hopefully, the conversation with his friend helped.

There were a few times like that in the years after. Each time, the same... not for him, but could I do him a favor and help another. Intellectually curious, an apt teacher and pupil, yet totally lacking in ego or malice. I envy that in him; and, I envy those who knew him by more than e-mail, phone calls and forum posts.

If my life is better for knowing him, you, my friends, have been truly blessed. To me, that was Marc... a blessing in all our lives.

Those around me, the people I see every day, might think it odd that I shed tears for someone I've never seen face-to-face. All I can say to them is that they didn't know him. He had what so very few find in life...

Oliver Wendell Holmes once said, "As life is action and passion, it is required of a man that he should share the passion and action of his time, at the peril of being not to have lived."

If ever I looked around me and count the heads of those that are truly living, no doubt Marc would be among the first to be counted.

I'll miss you, my friend.
                    "Men will get no more out of life than they put into it."

Comment

Originally posted by VifferJim View Post
                      I remember once, a few years ago, when the phone rang at home. It was Marc and he needed a favor. Thinking, "Awesome, I can be the one to help him for a change," I headed down to my office to take the call in private.

Turned out, he had a friend going through a difficult time, separating from a spouse and Marc was deeply concerned about him. Marc wanted him to talk to me about domestic relations law and how to best protect himself from the usual pitfalls that guys fall into in the early stages of separation.

It was Marc, so, "absolutely no problem," I said. Hopefully, the conversation with his friend helped.
                      Jim - I was that guy that Marc, and you, helped through a very difficult time. He took me in when I needed it the most and I'll never, ever forget that! That was him in a nutshell.....caring. Thank you too. I am now happily divorced and have moved on.

I remember the first time he and I exchanged messages. We argued over a valve adjustment and it's necessity. I kept on insisting it was a waste of time/effort to perform it. A week or so went by, and then the next thing I remember was him riding 100 miles to my home, not knowing me, and help TEACH me how to do the work myself. His requested compensation? Mello Yello and a steak dinner. I dare say that there are very few folks out there that would do such a thing, yet he did. I am eternally grateful and will miss him dearly.

Mark
                      Last edited by FloridaKat; 09-22-2009, 02:38 PM.

Comment

I remember some of those pics Mark, That was my first real Ride on the Katana I learned alot on that trip and more everytime I take her out of the garage.

Comment

Originally posted by FloridaKat View Post
                          Jim - I was that guy that Marc, and you, helped through a very difficult time. He took me in when I needed it the most and I'll never, ever forget that! That was him in a nutshell.....caring. Thank you too. I am now happily divorced and have moved on.

I remember the first time he and I exchanged messages. We argued over a valve adjustment and it's necessity. I kept on insisting it was a waste of time/effort to perform it. A week or so went by, and then the next thing I remember was him riding 100 miles to my home, not knowing me, and help TEACH me how to do the work myself. His requested compensation? Mello Yello and a steak dinner. I dare say that there are very few folks out there that would do such a thing, yet he did. I am eternally grateful and will miss him dearly.

Mark
                          Good to know that you are well, Mark. The MY and steak dinner thing... awesome.
                          "Men will get no more out of life than they put into it."

Comment

R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

I have to correct MD86....

2004 was your FIRST rally....(Katana Planet then) Cyberpoet was there too.

I remember meeting him that day, we were all over at "the garage" where all the hardcore riders were. Stevnmd, Newrider, Soulrider, falcn, et-al and I was minding my business, trying to fit in and not annoy this tight-knit group of riders who have progressed past the kat. In rolls Cyber poet with his famous line.... "CYBERPOET IS HERE"

He later stopped by "the Embassy" and had a meal with us and drank some of our beer....remarking on its taste and comparing it to the far superior (in his mind) German beer that he favours. YOU DON'T EVER DISS CANADIAN BEER! We didn't make any issue about it, but the next year...he brought me some German beer. Which I had one, offered him one, and I drank it, remarked how good it was.....then never had another (cause it was crap)

most Cyberpoet stories have a similar theme....he was so unique, but he was also such a friend. (I have a RUSH Hemispheres vinyl picture album....thanks to him, because he knew how much I loved the band....he did this all on his own)

Comment

Originally posted by Range View Post
                                I have to correct MD86....

2004 was your FIRST rally....(Katana Planet then) Cyberpoet was there too.
                                yeah , i realized that later after signing off . the years seem to all blend together anymore . But YOU also forgot the part right after he proclaimed "the Cyberpoet has arrived" , when he said "who wants to be the first to beer me?" . Most kinda avoided him after that , as I understand it .
                                I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
                                X