X

Fuel supply

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel supply

Hi everyone, so today I was riding and my bike seemed to be struggling for power, you have to find the right position on the throttle to accelerate quick. I just got done doing the carbs and lines everything was cleaned. I set the afr screw to 2.75, I rode it today and it was still struggling, I turned the peacock to prime and it ran great. That seems like it is taking a substantial amount of fuel. Any guesses what it could be? It doesn't have any leaks. Thanks

If it's using a lot of fuel, your flooding. How does that tank look? Sounds like you have crap stuck in the float needle seat.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
      If it's using a lot of fuel, your flooding. How does that tank look? Sounds like you have crap stuck in the float needle seat.
      The tank is clean, no rust. I'm not sure now that could be I cleaned everything out the other day. Must have been something in the lines maybe

Comment

So...if you turn it to prime and it ran fine, I'm thinking your petcock has an issue. Or the vacuum line to it. Might be worth pulling the tank and visually seeing/measuring the amount of fuel the petcock dispenses in x seconds. Once in prime, once while applying vaccum and in 'res' or 'on'
        1998 Katana 750
        1992 Katana 1100
        2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

My '89 did it too. Found quite a few cracked rubber bits
          on this 28 year old 7800 mile gem of a find.

Sounds exactly like a vac leak to this old fart in training.

CheeeeeeeeeeeeeeapMark

Comment

Originally posted by Cheap Bass Turd View Post
            My '89 did it too. Found quite a few cracked rubber bits
            on this 28 year old 7800 mile gem of a find.

Sounds exactly like a vac leak to this old fart in training.

CheeeeeeeeeeeeeeapMark
            Alright I will check that out, thank you

Comment

Working...
            X