X

New Member in Tampa Bay Area

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member in Tampa Bay Area

Hello, my name is Zack and I recently purhcased an awesome 1998 Suzuki Katana for my first bike. I have many questions being new to motorcycles so I'm sure you'll see me around. I haven't been able to ride my bike yet since I am still waiting on approval from my parents to get licensed (only 17 y/o) but one of the first things I've wanted to do is clean my bike. So far I've done a good job on the fairings cleaning them with soapy water and waxing them. My main question is what to do with all the aluminum/non-crome pieces of the bike which have scuffs or other forms of oxidation? Any products you would recommend? Thanks!

Last edited by lizardboy24; 09-08-2015, 10:14 AM. Reason: Update

Welcome to KatRiders Zack.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Very much welcome, Zack!

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders.
        You found a very nice looking bike.
        Not sure which aluminum parts you trying to clean. Most of the polished parts have a coating that will not let you get at the oxidation without ruining the finish. A light poishing compound and wax may help. Treat them as you would the painted surfaces.

Comment

Welcome to KR Zack
          2002 750 Kat
          2013 Polaris 850 XP LE(wrecked)
          2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800
          2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800 X-package
          1999 Ski-Doo MXZ 670 H.O.
          2009 Kawasaki KX250F(SOLD)

Comment

Originally posted by MNkat View Post
            Welcome to KatRiders.
            Not sure which aluminum parts you trying to clean. Most of the polished parts have a coating that will not let you get at the oxidation without ruining the finish. A light poishing compound and wax may help. Treat them as you would the painted surfaces.
            I am mostly looking to clean the exhaust, front fork and pieces of the handlebars and the gas cap. They have all started to fade a bit in their luster. I just want to make sure everything looks good until I get the opportunity to ride it and make sure it runs well.

Comment

Originally posted by lizardboy24 View Post
              I am mostly looking to clean the exhaust, front fork and pieces of the handlebars and the gas cap. They have all started to fade a bit in their luster. I just want to make sure everything looks good until I get the opportunity to ride it and make sure it runs well.
              Toiletbowl cleaner and a rag brother. just don't let it get on any plastics or rubber, turns em white. Good Luck and Welcome to KR

Comment

Working...
              X