X

98 kat 600 naked body and loud as f

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 98 kat 600 naked body and loud as f

hey guys i have been invisibly scrolling through randomly for a long time but well im outa ganja so here we are/

i have a 98 kat 600 originally all red.
    naked body
    cut and baffled exhaust
    no gauges
    no mirrors
    raptor off road headlights
    custom fist mark in gas tank lol

so to start off i picked this bike up 2012 as my first. It was on for 3g so i went to check it out and buddy hadn't started it all winter, so naturally it didn't start. So im thinking great this is a POS but im looking at it and its clean body in good shape at the time like no rust, had a new Chinese black and red flame kit on it with that ugly huge front fairing and fish eye lights. chains looked good, oil was good, sprockets good, no skid marks other than not turning over it was looking good. so feeling devious i waited till he went to go get something from the garage and i quickly checked the master fuse (loose fairing bolts helped) it was blown! so i tell the guy ... buddy your bikes to old its just for parts now, and no joke he says yea i already got a new one what kinda parts you looking for? im stunned at how dumb he is and it takes me a second but i snap to and offer a g for all of it, ill take it off your hands tonight! he said perfect i gave him money and we signed the papers lol i was so giddy going to the bike shop almost in stitches by the time i got back to buddies house. i see him in the living room he waves and gave me a thumbs up ... i change out the master fuse put on my helmet and gloves got on the bike took a deep breathe and hit the ignition BOOm she turned over like a charm i looked at buddy he was not smiling anymore i gave him a thumbs up and drove off hahahaha

am i doing that right? Red one is mine

so then a year latter some lady runs my into a gravel shoulder, i gun it lifting the front over the curb, jump the sidewalk and laid it down in the grass she drove off no witnesses and engine flooded cuz i tried to pursue lol.

with only cosmetic injuries i striped her down to a naked body put a atv front end on her and have been driving her since. im not the kindest to her and she has done a lot for me. even took me to san diego from calgary and back 4 day 7 hour rides was doable with a tank pack to lay on and rear pegs to rest the top of your feet on. kinda like flying.

now for the bad part
    other than ive put off doing a carb clean for over a year lol
    couple weeks ago a neighbor backed up over her... she seems ok needs new back fairings foot pegs and bars but no frame damage .... or coolant thank god. good thing i don't have mirrors lol

so far i have totaled 1500 on this bike including maintenance and repairs put close to 65k km in 3 years i love her more every summer

so right now im trying to figure out what kit and where to buy from... dont worry mods ill make a separate post for that

future plans
    carb clean lol
    replace pegs bars rear fairing
    baffle my exhaust its too much lol
    hide the tail
    mat black with brushed brass paint job (to match my exhaust tip)
    LED lights in my atv front end i love it lol
    heat wrap my exhaust
    i really wana attach a rifle or shotgun to it lol

well glad to be here and thank you for all your posts its really helped i even got help 2 years ago for an emergency side of road throttle cable repair back in the day hahaha

keep two wheels down, unless the cops aint lookin

Welcome to katriders...
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Welcome to KR!
        2002 750 Kat
        2013 Polaris 850 XP LE(wrecked)
        2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800
        2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800 X-package
        1999 Ski-Doo MXZ 670 H.O.