X

RF900 Swingarm. What Wheel?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RF900 Swingarm. What Wheel?

Ok, so this is the swingarm that i just bought on ebay for my 1900 600, and i just read on that there are two different sizes. now my question is whats the max tire size i can run on this swingarm and what wheels can fit. i know the rf900 will fit but i cant seem to find any.

Bandit 1200 will fit but what years? if theres a difference?
    Will busa fit? also what years?

Another dilemma i have is what shock will work? I was thinking of a busa shock considering the weight of the kat, but what other ones do you guys recommend. Appreciate any input.

I am told the Busa wheel will go in .. I have also been told the busa suspension will go in but the dogbones need to be lengthened otherwise the bike will sit higher .. I am looking at the same kinda swap .. RF900 Swinger, Busa Rear wheel, Busa Suspension, GSXR USD front end. 92 - 95 so I am told.
    2001 GSX750F
    1995 ZZR600

Comment

Re: RF900 Swingarm. What Wheel?

Originally posted by 350gtboi
      Ok, so this is the swingarm that i just bought on ebay for my 1900 600,
      Hmm I think this needs to get moved to the Vintage Katana forum..

Comment

This RF900 swingarm bolt right up? If so to what years? I am guessing it gets you a wider rear tire? SOMEONE FILL ME IN!!! (please?)

Comment

haha oops yeh its 1990* haha but anyway i think waltari mentioned that there are two kinds of rf900 swingarms, i dont know if the one i have will fit the bandit or busa wheelor even an rf900 if i find one im planning on putting 180+ tire on the back, if the swingarm's wrong then i might have to sell this one and get something else.

Comment

can anybody confirm from looking at the pic of my swingarm that the busa wheel would fit? i want to make sure before i shell out the money.

Comment

I'm about to start the same swap. I got a 5.5 inch GSXR wheel but a Busa would work also. The Gixxer wheel comes with a 180 but you can run a 190 with out any problems. I got the rear break and arm from a RF900 to make it a little easier. I'm going to try tp use my stock shock to save a few pennies but a busa shock would be sweet. The frame has to be modded so the swingarm can have a full range of motion. I think the easiest way to do it is cut it nea the front pegs behind the engine, spread it enough to clear and re-weld it. You will also need some bushings for the swingarm pivot bolt because they are different sizes. Hope this helps.

Comment

The stock rear tire & wheel for the RF900 was a 170/60ZR17 mounted on a 5.50 x 17 inch rear rim.

The diagram measurements for the RF900 swingarm are on my site in the Kat specs-n-measures webpage. Here's the diagram (courtesy of Walteri):

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                X