X

not even a click!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• not even a click!

well I finally got the bike down on the floor and everything is done as far as the frame/mechanics are concerned. all wiring is done and all lights are working as they should. ran into one small problem though. I am not even getting a click from the starter. all wires are plugged where they should be.
    i was thinking it might be the switch on the clutch cuz the original one was gone. the wiring from the clutch was not there and he just hd the wires in the harness looped. I tried it looped...and I tried it with a new switch and wired as should be. any suggestions before I go digging around in my wiring with a tester? where would you start?

[img][/img]
    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Kill switch or starter selinoid?

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Originally posted by ZukiFred
      Kill switch or starter selinoid?
      i think i can rule out the kill switch cuz i tried the assembly from the parts bike. didn't check the silenoid. if that is finished, won't it still make a small noise? at least a small "click"?

Comment

No , I THINK if the selenoid's screwed , it won't do nothin . Stick a screwdriver in there and see what happens . It SHOULD turn over if the selenoid's done . If you hit the button and it DOES click , but the starter don't turn , then the selenoid's fine (that's what's clicking) , but the starter may be fragged . Just a edumacated guess from an amateur ....
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Run a jumper directly to the starter and see if it turns over.........
          Ron
          MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

Originally posted by meanstrk
            Run a jumper directly to the starter and see if it turns over.........
            ya...I will do that. I will also try jumping the silenoid and see what happens. I didn't spend very long trying to figure it out. the tard who owned the bike before had put small signals on the fairing and removed the stock ones. he also installed indicators up near the instument cluster. so needless to say I spent all day running new wiring cuz he had a birds nest in there. those small flashers on the fairings won't pass inspection here....so I have been told. kinda have to leave them on the bike tho cuz he cut holes in the fairings. oh well...i will just run them in tandem. more visablity never hurt anyone.

Comment

I get a klic everytime I try starting mine...

maybe something about the kick stand kill? not sure if those have them but we had to rewire mine because it aways thought the stand was down
              Live and Lean.
              When the going gets twisty, the going get twistin.
              "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."
              Romans 3:23

Comment

Working...
              X