X

Bandit or Kat?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bandit or Kat?

So, the date nears when my son and I take that mc trip, switching off tween bandit 1200 and kat 750. Wonder which one I will prefer? Anybody want to bet on one or the other? Keeping poll open until after the trip. Hmmmmm....
    Bandit 1200
    0.00%
    Kat 750
    100.00%
    Sell 'em both and get a Duck!
    0.00%
    "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

The Kat would be my choice. I love the ergonomics and look of the machine.
    "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Comment

SELL THE BANDIT....ESPECIALLY SINCE I WANT IT..LIST DETAILS OF BIKE PLEASE!
      "Keeps it movin"

"Mean people SUCK......Nice people Swallow!"

Comment

Where's the option for keep the Kat, sell the Bandit and get an MV Agusta F4 1000 Tamurini ?

ok nevermind ... the most noticeable difference will obviously be in the power dept since the Bandit is a 1200. Both bikes are good rides and both do alot of things well. Enjoy them both for what they are and you'll have an awesome riding experience.

Comment

We have both here .... my hubby hates riding my Kat and I hate riding his Bandit !!! So I guess the right answer is which one YOU like best riding
          Guylaine
          Try and keep up now

Comment

how about yanking the engine from the bandit and sticking it in the kat? then sell the kat engine and the rest of the bandit on ebay.
            I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

... put the Kat engine in the Bandit and sell a working bike.

Originally posted by Mojoe
              how about yanking the engine from the bandit and sticking it in the kat? then sell the kat engine and the rest of the bandit on ebay.
              2015 KTM 1290 Super Adventure
              2005 Suzuki 750 Katana, sold
              1984 Kawasaki gpz 550, sold
              1982 Suzuki gs400e - sold
              1973 Honda cb350 - sold

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe
                Originally posted by lbjgh
                ... put the Kat engine in the Bandit and sell a working bike.
                I was thinking both... Put the B12 into the Kat, the 750 into the bandit, and sell the Bandit... Best of both worlds!

Cheers,
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

ya...that would work as well if you can find someone who wants a 1200 bandit frame with a 750 on it. i guess there is always someone looking for less power.

Comment

I have a 750 Kat and used to have an 1100 Kat which has a similar motor to the Bandit. I never really needed the full power of the Bandit. I prefer the 750 because it still has all the power I will ever need and the reduction in weight makes it easier to maneuver. If you plan alot of two-up riding/touring, you may want to have the Bandits extra power on tap. Good luck!!

Comment

Originally posted by mx916
                      I have a 750 Kat and used to have an 1100 Kat which has a similar motor to the Bandit. I never really needed the full power of the Bandit. I prefer the 750 because it still has all the power I will ever need and the reduction in weight makes it easier to maneuver. If you plan alot of two-up riding/touring, you may want to have the Bandits extra power on tap. Good luck!!
                      are you sure the 1127 is similar to the bandit 1200? isn't the bandit liquid cooled? I thought it was, but could be wrong. in what way do you consider them to be similar?

Comment

I thought they were both air-oil cooled. The similarity is just in the 100+ H.P and large amount of torque each motor produces. (compared to the 750.)

Comment

Working...
                        X