X

oh crap!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oh crap!

so today I go to this big ralley to protest the price hike for plating a bike (about 10,000 bikes I would guess), and my bike started overheating while parade through the city. so I said "screw it" and hit the highway to cool it down. FYI....stopping an oil cooled bike when it is hot is NOT the way to cool it off.....you need to get moving and let the air flow do it......hence the design, air/oil cooled.
    so anyway, I haven't gotten around to changing my speedo, so I didn't really know how fast I was going. I thought around 120kph. But nope....the cop told me it was 154kph. he was decent about it though. he dropped the speed down to 149 so it would be cheaper.

total cost to go protest....

gas: $10
    lunch: $15
    f'in ticket: $310 and 5 points.

CRAP!

and no, I will not fight it. I was in the wrong, and I will take my own advice and face the music.

I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Ive been there on the overheating bike..same thing happened to me last year in the Halloween parade here in town. Overheating so bad she was smoking and taching like crazy. I had to pull out of the parade prematuretly too and allow the bike to cool and then changed the oil promptly. Definately sucks !!

Wow 5 points, thats worse than the amount of the fine for sure. It seems to take forever for points to come off your MVR...atleast in PA. Sorry dude, that really blows man.

What would the fine have been had he not lowered the speed on your ticket ? Just curious...

Comment

They were everywhere yesterday too ... we had to follow an SQ car on 20 km before we hit an exit !! and since we were doing 150 now I know how much that ticket would have cost
      Guylaine
      Try and keep up now

Comment

Mojoe, you're awefully silly to be trying to cool your bike down by going that fast

You ought to know better -- or was that after the oil temps had dropped again?

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

So all in all, would you say you saved some money by fighting the price hike?

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
            Mojoe, you're awefully silly to be trying to cool your bike down by going that fast

You ought to know better -- or was that after the oil temps had dropped again?

Cheers,
            =-= The CyberPoet
            it was cooled down by the time I hit that speed. I kept it moving at about 60-70kph on my way to get on the hwy.

you aren't insinuating that I should have just pulled over and stopped the bike to cool it off, are you? I hope not, cuz I think you will find an oil/air cooled bike will take twice as long to cool down if you just park it. you really do need some airflow through the rad for that.

one advantage to riding the same bike for 14 years....you become intimate with it. when my baby gets hot, she stops purring and begins sputtering a bit. come to think of it......it's kinda like a woman. no?

Comment

Originally posted by kickitjp
              So all in all, would you say you saved some money by fighting the price hike?
              nope! kind of ironic, wouldn't you say?

Comment

That sucks, I'll stop biatching about my $95 yellow light ticket with no points lost....oh.... right about now!
                R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Originally posted by katman05
                  That sucks, I'll stop biatching about my $95 yellow light ticket with no points lost....oh.... right about now!
                  ya...you do that

no....seriously, go fight your ticket. at least you have a chance. I was nailed dead to rights and don't stand a chance fighting it. I would like to see you win so the bastards only get my $310, and not $405 with you donating as well.
                  then again, if you are not quite sure you can win, then switch tickets with me. ...i'll give it a shot

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe
                    no....seriously, go fight your ticket. at least you have a chance. I was nailed dead to rights and don't stand a chance fighting it. I would like to see you win so the bastages only get my $310, and not $405 with you donating as well.
                    then again, if you are not quite sure you can win, then switch tickets with me. ...i'll give it a shot
                    You can beat a speeding ticket, especially if it's with radar. He's a link to a site with helpful tips.

I beat my last two tickets. However, only one of them was for speeding.
                    "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Comment

you aren't insinuating that I should have just pulled over and stopped the bike to cool it off, are you?
                      You ought to know me better than that... If you have the ability to detour and get it into the upper gears at low RPM's, that's the best way to cool it, maximizing air-flow while minimizing additional heat generation. But running it up to high speeds when it's already over-heating isn't, and that's what I thought you were saying.

...when my baby gets hot, she stops purring and begins sputtering a bit. come to think of it......it's kinda like a woman. no?

More seriously, if she was sputtering, you might want to seriously accelerate your next oil change.

Cheers,
                      =-= The CyberPoet
                      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Fight the ticket just to lose the points off the license. The fine itself will stand but the judge will almost certainly take the points off.

Comment

Working...
                        X