No announcement yet.
X

The birds and the bees.........

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i hate when they hit your helmet it always scares the poop outta me. i also had a bee lodged in the bottom vent of my helmet once like he was trying to climb in. normally when stopped and avoidable if a bee is flying around me i just let it go and not swat at it because i don't want to get stung

Comment

Im lucky enough to have never had that happen to me. And when I had my buell I only had a half shell. When im driving around in my car, the little f*ckers get in all the time!! I HATE bees, wasps, hornets, all the bastards!! I got stung right under the eye when I was really young, I wear glasses and it flew right up under them. I got scared and swatted and BAM!! stung the sh*t outta me!
      You shut your mouth when your talking to me!!

Spread the word!! www.bikerfriend.org

Comment

Makes you wonder about those helmetless riders... like my in-laws on their hog...
        2006 Black N Gold Katana 750.
        Hey Pittsburgh!!! (and Western PA), Join the
        "Sport Bike Alliance of Pittsburgh" : http://www.sportbikealliance.com And lets RIDE...
        Motorcycle Maintenance Scheduling and MPG tool: http://www.mileagetracker.org/index.php
        Veteran of the United States Air Force.
        "Land of the Free... BECAUSE... of the Brave".

Comment

bees are fun ... unless the are africanised (aka killer bee's) i don't worry (i lived in central america for a good bit of my teen years and know better then to mess w/ them bastards... kill one and it sends out a signal to the rest of the hive to come kick your arse... but usualy they traveled as a hive anyway... happend every year wher esomone died or almost died from getting stung by bees.

but up here in the US i'm not near as worried about em... fun thing to do is quickly cup em w/ your hands as they are flying around, do it quickly and then "throw" them as you are releasing them, makes it do a drunk dance

i don't ride yet so no experiance there... but honestly bee stings ususaly aren't to bad... get the stinger out quickly and carfuly and all is well.

my sister on the other hand is terified of bees, she was about 4 and got stung on the lip by a bee that was sitting in her soda can... she's now VERY allergic to em and carries around one of those needle kits w/ the tournaqute (SP?)

Comment

oh and for reference... if you are working on older cars or whatever outside and find a hornets nest or some bees or wasps flying around...

CARB cleaner... kills em VERY quickly... just spray em a little bit and there they die

Comment

Or starter fluid and a lighter .
              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
              X