X

Redline of 750?? What is it??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redline of 750?? What is it??

Hi I have a 93 750 Kat motor in my 93 600 kat frame and I was wondering what the redline on the new motor is??
    The old motor was 12k.
    Also there is not a revlimiter correct. I dont see how it would work unless it cut fuel.
    Thanks!
    93 600 kat
    750 kat motor, 750 gsxr carbs
    flat black

12,500 rpm redline on my '92 750. but their isn't a fuel cut, i think the cdi cuts spark to the center two cylinders.

i thnik rev limiter is 500-1000 rpm past redline or some do it before redline.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

cool
      thanks!!!
      93 600 kat
      750 kat motor, 750 gsxr carbs
      flat black

Comment

on that note, any way to remove the rev limiter?
        I'm hitting mine all the time, it's at 11,500 and I want to go further
        Live and Lean.
        When the going gets twisty, the going get twistin.
        "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."
        Romans 3:23

Comment

Originally posted by TheKlic
          on that note, any way to remove the rev limiter?
          I'm hitting mine all the time, it's at 11,500 and I want to go further
          It's there for a reason. I wouldn't recommend altering it.

Comment

To remove the rev-limiter, you'd have to change out the controller circuitry and replace it with something that puts out the same spark power and response time (based on input from the timing signal generator). That can get quite expensive... And thecynic is right -- that limit is there for a reason (several reasons), the primary one being that is the point the engine is designed not to have any of the components fail based on the power output and speed of the (primarily) reciprocating & (to a lesser degree) revolving components. There's probably a safety margin of 20% involved, but that also takes into consideration possible worst-case tolerances and minor (insignificant) manufacturing defects that may become significant if pushed that extra 20%.
            The spring weight and strength for the valve springs are also critical -- if you expect to get another 1000 or more RPM out of the engine, you will probably have to change valve springs to ensure you don't get any valve float at the higher RPM's (not that it really matters -- the engine's cams produce significantly less power beyond torque peak and it's a decreasing return as the RPM's go further past it -- you'd be better off sprocketing for higher top-speeds if you want "faster" at the top-end).

Cheers,
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

IMO, unless you're making a track bike...there's really no reason to remove it. As others mentioned its there to help protect your engine. Ive hit the rev limiter on my Kat on more than 1 occasion. I know where it is on my bike, but when Im riding hard Ive hit it already. Its a friendly reminder for me to slow my a$$ down

Comment

in other words, WAY more trouble than it's worth
                Live and Lean.
                When the going gets twisty, the going get twistin.
                "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."
                Romans 3:23

Comment

Working...
                X