X

finally got the bike back...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• finally got the bike back...

For those of you anxiously following the saga here: http://www.katriders.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=18618

you all know we left off with me resigning to the dealer in shame, and dropping the bike off to have the bolt holes on the starter cover retapped and helicoiled.

I spoke with the service tech I had been dealing with, and asked him how the helicoils went, since I have never seen them before. His response literally terrified me: "We couldn't helicoil the holes, there was no thread left and the risk of cracking the case was too large." I immediately had visions of trying to sell my $3600 bike for a grand and a half to some chop-shop on craigslist.

I think he saw how mortified I was, then said that Suzuki threaded the entire hole, and that the stock bolts only used half the available threads. All the service guys had to do was find a long bolt and screw it in there, problem solved. Rideable, and stable.

Now, with me being happy as a clam, I cashed out. Expecting to pay bout $110 walking in there, my total was $38. Walked outside to start it up (I had a my roommate there to ride it back, I wasn't about to try it on the roads leading back to my house) and it didn't start. Starter motor went like crazy, but no engine. I looked down at the oil sight glass, there' no oil. (Something that I had asked for when I dropped it off) Dealer's response? Free oil!

So now, to sum up MY novel in 2 words:

IT LIVES!!!

Now it's about starting over, getting my confidence back, and going down back roads until I have a feel for it again.

nice to hear,

any bike brought back to life is a Winner
    youll get the confidence back fast

Comment

Just take it easy for a couple of days. Ride the way this is good for you not everyone else.

Comment

Working...
      X