X

B12 TRANS vs 750 KAT

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B12 TRANS vs 750 KAT

Alright....Is it possible to switch the 5 speed out for the 6 speed? I want to do this engine swap, but wonder at the same time if there would be any benefit to trying a six speed on the b12 motor. Seems to me the ranges would be off and the bike would need serious tunig and sprocket changing, but in the long run, I am thinking that it might open up an extra 15-20 mph on top end speed.
    "Keeps it movin"

"Mean people SUCK......Nice people Swallow!"

............hours later.........still no luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!DAMN
    "Keeps it movin"

Comment

ive investigated installing a b12, but like you wanted a 6 speed. so i looked at converting the 6 speed box, was told by many, its doable, but not recomended at all.. tho no one (even those "IN THE KNOW) could give me a deffinate answer. its been done by a few, but not many know about it.

personly id go for a 1246 bored 1127.

or how bout an 883cc 750 with turbo?? :P

cheers.joe.

Comment

i think im gonna try the switcharoo, just to see how it feels, if I dont like it, then I'll switch em back. Even though I know it will be a lot of work, I just gotta know why this is so taboo!
        only one way to find out, unless someone tells me otherwise!
        "Keeps it movin"

Comment

I remember hearing something about possibly being able to mate a 6 speed from either the gix1100 or gix750 to the B12 powerplant, but I don't think anyone has done it yet.
          FrankenKat 1216
          GS Fiter 816
          GSXR750! (race)

Comment

check oldskoolsuzuki.info Bunch of guys doing it with GSXR750 6-speeds

Comment

Working...
            X