Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

will 1993 Suzuki Katana 600 header fit my 1994 750 katana?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• will 1993 Suzuki Katana 600 header fit my 1994 750 katana?

will 1993 Suzuki Katana 600 header fit my 1994 750 katana?

yeah it should fit, but i think the 600 headers are a little more constrictive in terms of airflow.

Long Live the D

Comment

Well Paradox got to it before I did, but yes it should fit just fine and it will be more restrictive.........make sure you get good quality gaskets!
      Viva La PBR Tall Boy! And Balls on your forehead!

Comment

You'll lose 23% of the cross-sectional area, if the differences between the 600 and 750 headers are the same on the pre-98's as they are on the 98+ units. Dremeling out the weld seams will offset most of that change. You may find your bike runs rich as a result, and may need to lean out the pilot screws 1/8th of a turn as a result.

In general, you'll get more low-end torque (up to about 6k) but lose power at the upper-end (above about 8k).

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

My 93 600 I got 4 nothing came w duels n my 95 750 came w a single. Didn't the duals only come on the 1100

Comment

no pre 600 have dual cans, whats wrong with 750 header?
            still screwing with junk

Comment

To clarify, are both stock headers or is one set aftermarket?

Both 600 and 750 pipes can bolt onto each other no problem.

Stock sizes on the 600 will be a little smaller, and not work well. On the other hand, putting a 750 header on a 600 will open it up a bit.

Aftermarket can be different.

For example, I am currently running after market 600 headers on my bike that match the size of the 750 stock pipes.

More info would be needed to fully understand your sitiuation.

88 -97 Pre 600 and 750 stock exhausts were dual exhaust setups. If you have a 4-1 on a pre, it's an aftermarket header.

Krey
              93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
              X