No announcement yet.
X

Do you let friends ride your Kat?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My bike is like my girlfriend. I don't let my friends ride either.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Dubeau
      My bike is like my girlfriend. I don't let my friends ride either.

Darn
      Guylaine
      Try and keep up now

Comment

plus side to the bike opposed to the girlfriend is that you don't need to change the rubber each time you go for a ride on the bike...

and the bike comes with an owners manual
        Woody
        http://www.nationalcyclesupply.net
        http://www.ncsupply.com

Comment

I've let one person ride, knowing he was licensed and would pay for anything, if he had an accident. Anyone else ask to ride, I usually ask for $7000 to cover my cost.

Keep it simple.....1+1=2

Comment

I let my dad drive it, And thats it.
            I focus on the pain, The only thing thats real.

Comment

The only people that have ridden my bike since I've had it, is Matt(WildKat), Keith (Special K at the rally...thought the bike was running funny) and Duffy.

If I KNEW the person, and said person was experienced, then I would trust them to ride my bike. If not, then forget it.
              KARA

I'm a whole lotta woman, but a whole lotta fun!

Comment

My bike is a K6. So they need to have a decent bike that I am privy to as well for me to consider it. By consider, I mean that I need to trust their skill and maturity and I have the itch to ride their bike. If all the stars line up it`s a go 8)

www.3dflag.com

Comment

Originally posted by 93kat750
                  no

Nobody rides my bike but me. Well actually I take that back, last year at the rally Keith let me ride the SV back to the Fontana and he rode my Kat, after doing one of the day long rides that was supposed to be a 4 hr one

But other than that and as a general rule, nobody rides my bike but me. If anything should happen, I want it to be me on the bike and not somebody else.

Comment

Usually, No...

I have to know you.....very well....before you get a ride on MY bike!

Comment

Originally posted by Char
                      The only people that have ridden my bike since I've had it, is Matt(WildKat), Keith (Special K at the rally...thought the bike was running funny) and Duffy.

If I KNEW the person, and said person was experienced, then I would trust them to ride my bike. If not, then forget it.
                      I feel so special now...

Comment

nope won't let just anyone ride, however, since most of my friends don't ride, I will be letting one or two of my closest take here in an empty lot. No license, but I know them and they will pay for anything should it go bad! these are people i trust, and I know respect the power of a bike. hope it goes well
                        Ray - Thank you, may I have another?

Comment

I let me friend ride it as he was an experience rider. In retrospect, however, it probably wasn't a good ideas as if anything happened, I would be on the hook.
                          "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Comment

Its all in the trust...... I have a couple friends that I have let ride it with little seat time....... one even rode it once down the road one time then went and bought a bike of his own the next spring....... Others have bike and I get scared when they just touch it........... I've seen how they treat cars and their bikes and don't think they'll every ride the Kat......

Edit: Once I put the $ 2K in parts in the garage on it........ It will be alot more "no" and very few " yes"
                            '07 SV1000S
                            Power Commander III USB
                            M4/Yosh Ti Full Race Exhaust
                            Driven 520 chain kit
                            Spiegler SS Brake & Clutch lines

Comment

I dont have a car and I rarely get to drive, so I sometimes let my friend ride my bike if he lets me drive his souped up Nissan Maxima.

Skotty
                              2003 Black/Gray Hayabusa

With great Horsepower, comes great Responsibility!

Comment

Yes, if they
                                a) have a license for at least 2 years or equivalent miles under they're belt
                                b) ride a more expensive bike that they can handle (which is pretty much everybody^^)
                                c) are people I have ridden with

are those too stringent? :P i'm not asking for money or anything ^^
                                PakkeRat - [pak*rat] small little mouse capable of collecting everything and never throwing anything away

Comment

Working...
                                X