No announcement yet.
X

How many keys do you have?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 keys . Always good to have a spare . ESPECIALLY if your key's old and sometimes twists .
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Just 1 key. The previous owner lost the other one. I've been promising myself to get another one made for the last 2 weeks.

Yellow2002Kat, I'll check back with you 3 years from now.

Cheers.
      Once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing stripes with plaid is easy.
      - Albert Einstein

Comment

So, will a locksmith have a correct blank or do I need to order one off the net?
        What the deuce!?!

Comment

If anyone is having a hard time finding these blanks I can make it to the swap meet by my house on the weekend. There is a locksmith there that always has them and they are not that expensive...
          Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
          Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

any locksmith should have the type of key you need cut.

Long Live the D

Comment

i personally have 3, one i carry regularly, one at my apartment and one at my parents house(yet 3 hours away but still better than not having a spare)

i personally wouldn't go to walmart and home depot. Basically because they don't stock the key. I work at home depot and we don't carry it. believe it or not mine is a regular suzuki car key. I went to a lock smith to have one made and they brought me back a car key. sure enough it works with no issues, just like 2 or 3 inches long, but it is a spare and i don't use it everyday. and best part is only 2 bucks, didn't have to pay for a suzuki blank

so i assume you could go to a suzuki car dealership? or just have your local stealership do it if they can.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

I only have one. I went to walmart to hvae one made the other day. Not a good idea. They didn't have the right blank but they tried anyway nad it didn't work. (Just like ya'll said)

Comment

I have 2 spares plus my usual main "Suzuki" key that I normally use.

1 spare is on the key ring at the top of the stairs and the other is hidden somewhere else.. , now where did I put that...

Comment

I only had the spare key when I bought the bike, used that for a long long time. Recently went to the Suzuki Dealer, bought 2 blanks. Then went to a locksmith and had the key cut using my 1 key.
                    Kan-O-Gixxer!
                    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                    -Ohlins Susupension
                    -Various Other Mods

Comment

3 for the Kat... 1 I use all the time it clips to my helmet when im off the bike. #2 is in my wallet. #3 is at home.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve-O
                        3 for the Kat... 1 I use all the time it clips to my helmet when im off the bike. #2 is in my wallet. #3 is at home.
                        a key in your wallet? wow my kat key is pretty big not sure id like to sit on that all day lol.

i have 2 keys, not sure where my spare is but i could find it if i need to really.
                        03 katanika

Comment

I had my spare key cut by a locksmith. There did not seem to be anything special about the blank.

Comment

I have 2 originals.
                            Fast Eddie

No day is promised, live life to the fullest!!

Comment

only the two origionals. one on my bike keychain. and another on my "janitors" set of keys.

used to carry my spare in my wallet, but I had a costanza wallet to begin with. the extra key and hard candy i had in there wasn't helping the matter. now my wallet's down to 26.72mm thick (I just mic'd it )

Comment

I have the original key plus I made two others. I also have a blank in case I lose one of the keys. I have a separate key for the bike, another on a key fob with my car keys and the third stored away for safekeeping.
                                "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Comment

Working...
                                X