X

How many keys do you have?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many keys do you have?

I was wondering, how many of you guys have more than one key to your Kat? I only have one key, but I have three blanks just waiting to go to the locksmith...for like the last three years!!!

Anyone else riding around with only one key, or am I the only knucklehead who doesn't have a spare? Just curious.

Oh yeah, and how many times have you left your key in the seat lock and looked all over the place for it later? Done that a few times also, but not in a while...
    ****** WAS...Ma Ma Ma My Katana ******

Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus Latinus alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes.

i now techincally have three keys. two for the ignition switch i replaced, and then the old original for the gas tank and the seat lock. the extra ignition key is on the keychain that my jeep keys and everything else are on.

Long Live the D

Comment

Haha, I have only one key as well. Can I just go to walmart and have another one made?

Comment

I dunno. I was told not to go to WalMart, Home Depot or the like to have a key made. Advice I was given was to go to a locksmith since cutting a key for the bike isn't like cutting a simple house key. I wouldn't have three blanks if it were that easy. Not that going to a locksmith is difficult, but I never even looked to see where there is one near my house... I'm sure it's outta the way
        ****** WAS...Ma Ma Ma My Katana ******

Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus Latinus alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes.

Comment

I've got the original 2. One I use the second in safe storage.

Comment

i had my old original done at a locksmith.

Long Live the D

Comment

I only have one for my 93.......but I have like 3 switches and lock sets as spares.
              I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

I have 2, One I use and the other put away somewhere safe.

And yeas after 3 years I have forgtotten where that place is
                Kyle

Comment

Just one...
                  I wouldn't be so paranoid... if everyone wasn't out to get me.

Comment

I have 2 sets
                    R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

I carry three on me, and have 2 at home as back-ups, plus one on the gf's keyring. Why? Because for a while, I was losing keys rather regularly (I found out the jeans I had been wearing a lot had a small hole close to the top of the pocket, just big enough for a key to fall out of)...

Cheers,
                      =-= The CyberPoet
                      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I have 2 keys.

Yes I have left them in the seat lock and forgotten them there until morning. Now it is the first place I check when I can't find my keys.
                        Race On The Track ... Never On The Street

Comment

I have 3 full sets of keys..1 for the ignition, 1 kryptonite, 1 cable lock...also have 2 additional spare ignition/gas tank keys...total 11 keys just for the Kat...
                          Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
                          Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
                          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

3 sets,you never know...from my experiance with my other bikes,go to a locksmith theyll have the right blanks. Hardware stores and such dont carry a wide variety.

Comment

Four, One original, three copies. My primary is a copy cut to shape a CROSS and painted to match my bike 8)
                              Demon...Taste like chicken!

Comment

Working...
                              X