Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Pictorial - Katana Swingarm mod to fit GSXR Wheel.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are these going for with everything tready to go out the door? I have an 05 Kat and it would definitely look better with a 5.5" wheel under it. I'd like the 6", but from reading above looks to be more work and way more unnecessary money.

Comment

Originally posted by WRIGHTRACING View Post
      What are these going for with everything tready to go out the door? I have an 05 Kat and it would definitely look better with a 5.5" wheel under it. I'd like the 6", but from reading above looks to be more work and way more unnecessary money.
      I'm gonna generalize... not a specific quote, and prices will vary for many parts as the primary source is used /ebay.

I would charge $250 to modify a swing arm for someone else. That's the cost of the work, not the parts. It's returned in need of paint.

Once you have a swing arm... either one modded by me or someone else (as long as they do it right...) then you just need to purchase OEM parts to match your specific needs.

An example...

Pre Kat wanting to stick with the curved spoke wheel.

Modfied swingarm (with the 20mm axle slot and brake arm delete options)

Purchase...

RF900 rear caliper and caliper bracket.
      20mm axle and spacers for matching wheel.
      90-92 GSXR 750 rear wheel.
      Match sprocket, sprocket carrier, and 230-240mm OD rotor to the wheel.
      Bandit or RF 20mm axle chain adjusters.

Paint and bolt it all up together. New brakes, new brake lines, misc hardware so on may or may not be needed depending on the deals you get with your used part buys.

All told, my expectation for the mod would be in the $600-800 range to be complete. That's gonna vary even more if you decide you want things like powder coated parts, or replace all bearings new, and so on.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Gotcha. That's a good enough ball park answer to get me where I need to be. Just got it a few weeks ago and will be looking to customize it some over the winter.

Already got some things on, more ordered, and plans to do some upgrades (engine wise) over the winter while its ridden less. I have glanced around here a little but most post seem old. Not a ton of active members it seems. Maybe I just haven't found the right area yet to hang in. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by WRIGHTRACING View Post
          Gotcha. That's a good enough ball park answer to get me where I need to be. Just got it a few weeks ago and will be looking to customize it some over the winter.

Already got some things on, more ordered, and plans to do some upgrades (engine wise) over the winter while its ridden less. I have glanced around here a little but most post seem old. Not a ton of active members it seems. Maybe I just haven't found the right area yet to hang in. Lol
          Activity here is very cyclic.... It's riding time for most members, so that's what's happening instead of working on the bikes, if possible.

Cooler weather brings many more peeps for projects.

Spring brings huge increase of peeps who neglected it over the winter wanting the bike to run again.

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
            Activity here is very cyclic.... It's riding time for most members, so that's what's happening instead of working on the bikes, if possible.

Cooler weather brings many more peeps for projects.

Spring brings huge increase of peeps who neglected it over the winter wanting the bike to run again.

Krey
            Gotcha.

Well I have been around drag racing cars for years. Haven't raced personally in 10 years, and kind of got burnt out wanting to build another but without the money and going through a divorce I decided to try this route. I like it so far. LOL

Comment

I know I’m super late to the party. I have a 95 katana gsx600F. Doing some what of a naked/ street fighter build Been studying multiple swing arm upgrade posts. I like the idea of using the oem swinger and cutting it/bending to fit a larger tire. What degree wedge is that there? Same angle for both wedges? Obviously the one is 90, what was the other cut?

Comment

Totally makes sense to split the difference to end up with the same length cut edges. Great tip!

Comment

Working...
                X