X

need help with title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help with title

alright so i have had this bike for a project for a while now .. the kid who sold it to me promised me a title in the mail, and to coroberate his story i called up the DMV it is titled under his name but now he is just out right going out of his way to avoid my phone calls and emails.

i had hand written out a bill of sale stating that he would provide a title for me after 2 months had him and a witness sign it stating he would provide a title to me but i doubt that day will come... (this contract is hand written on a peice of loose leaf notebook style lined paper)

yall have any ideas of what i can do to make my almost running street bike legal? can i bring him to court.. anyone have an idea of where i can find a cheapish 93 katana 600 frame from with clean title that might be my last resort

Take him to court. That's what I would do.

Comment

you think i would be able to bring a court case agaisnt him with what i have though?

Comment

You have a signed note, what more do you need exactly?

Comment

Originally posted by therian12 View Post
          i had hand written out a bill of sale
          Search your Florida DMV website to see what you can do. If they view that "bill of sale" that is on notebook paper a legal document then you are the owner. You should be able to apply for a duplicate title or better yet a transfer of ownership. If the actual title needed to be signed over to you, then you may very well have issues.

All of this is supposition, search the website to see what you can find.
          How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
          How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
          How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
          How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

A call to your local state trooper's office would probably do you some good. Explain the situation, ask for a trooper to meet you at his residence to settle the dispute. If he doesn't provide you the title or your money back that's theft right? Open and shut case if you ask me.

Comment

you already know where he lives so i would talk to the county sheriffs office to see what your legal recourse is limited to . tell them the situation and add, idont want to operate outside the LAW so what do you suggest i do . in the mean time i would contact your county tag office and see what is available to you in that regard. if that fails then theres always the reggie jackson edition louisville slugger.
              im an american proud and free , a son of the south dont tread on me.

Comment

Working...
              X