Carburetor kit? Gaskets

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carburetor kit? Gaskets

OK, so looks like I have to clean my carbs. 94 Katana 600
    I've never done this before. I bought the Haynes manual and have read it as well as the carburetor 101 Post.

I called around to the three local suzuki dealereships and they do not have a carb kit in stock. One dealership said there was no kit OME for the 94 Katana 600. They said you have to order all the needed parts seperately.

I believe I will only need to replace the necessary gaskits, since there are only 2400 miles on the bike.

Does anybody know if there are carb kits for this bike? If no kit; what do I need to order? Anybody have any reccomendations as to were to buy them, maybe online? Anyone here have a store that sells them?

I desperately want to get these carbs clean and back on the bike to see if it's good to go. I'm guessing I can't clean the carbs and put back together with existing gaskets.

-Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

yes you can, I've done 100's of racks of carbs, I've had to replace 0 parts. The dealer's right, there is no "kit"
      Supplying new parts for Vintage Motorcycles! Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki, Yamaha and Harley-Davidson. Old Bike Barn has what you need for your vintage motorcycle project!
      Last edited by arsenic; 03-29-2008, 05:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X