X

Dual to single exhaust question.. among others

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Disturbedperson View Post
    I didn't think you could machine cross drilled rotors since the needle will just get caught in the holes of the rotor... at least thats what I learned in mechanics class.
    Well I don't want to argue with your mechanics teacher but my 20 years of real world experiance tells me to chuck it up and machine away...

Originally posted by arsenic1016 View Post
    it won't save money, you can't really find them, then you have to cut the old mufflers off and have the new ones welded on. I just said that to argue with Peter, they are basically worthless.
    As is arguing with me.. I'm more awesome then you..
    Ask anyone!

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
      The Cobra's aren't welded... they clamp on.
      Steve, this all goes back to the right way and wrong way to do things. They come with clamps correct, do you think it's a better idea to clamp them or have them welded on?
      Last edited by arsenic; 01-20-2008, 04:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by Disturbedperson View Post
        I didn't think you could machine cross drilled rotors since the needle will just get caught in the holes of the rotor... at least thats what I learned in mechanics class.
        I haven't looked at the bike in a while due to work (and the bikes still at my parents), but I didn't think the rotors were cross drilled...

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
          Well I don't want to argue with your mechanics teacher but my 20 years of real world experiance tells me to chuck it up and machine away...
          Yeah, thats cool. I just didn't know that you could do that. That's pretty cool.

Comment

I would go for the 4into 1 system as am a firm believer in headers and the power/ torque they can produce=Bolt on horsepower if you can find such a match!

Comment

Originally posted by redrider View Post
              I would go for the 4into 1 system as am a firm believer in headers and the power/ torque they can produce=Bolt on horsepower if you can find such a match!
              While that may be true, I'm on an extremely limited budget and I'm not looking for tons more power, to be honest I'll probably baby the bike like I do my car. I'm looking to just get a single exhaust without losing power, and getting the bike to look good as well as the needed maintenance.

From others opinions (and real world experience) it seems a full exhaust would require other parts as well as more tuning. Thanks for input though. If I were to be going for power I probably would at least think about a full exhaust as well as the other needed mods to keep the bike running strong.

Comment

Working...
              X