Check out my Kat model!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check out my Kat model!

Check it out.

A days work into making a 3-d model of my bike. I know things arent the correct shape yet, but Im trying to keep all the geometry points identical to the real model, so at some point in the future i can use it to see how shock/fork changes will affect the geometry of the bike.

Done in Solid Edge.

Enjoy, ill keep it up to date with my progress if anyone cares.

-J
    2002 GSX-R750
    2001 GSX-600F (sold)

Not bad. The frame/swingarm could use a bit of finesse, but the forks and front end look pretty decent.

I'm building up an '88, and was planning on modeling all the components as I got 'em. Once some CMM time comes available here I'll throw my frame up there and take some points. For the engine I was going to try and get it 3d scanned, but I'll probably just rough it out.

Solid edge eh? How do you like it? My new job here uses Cimatron, which I've heard is very much like solid edge. Personally I can't stand it (autodesk guy), but I gotta make due .

Comment

thanks, the hardest part is getting the measurements to make everything. If i had access to the swingarm/frame theyd look great, but right now im just guessing, the attatchement points are all correct however, swingarm to frame, frame to fork, and such. So i had to do alot of guesswork

Personally, i hate solid edge, but its what i was taught in college. Its "ok" in its functionality, but its so damn buggy its incredible!!
      2002 GSX-R750
      2001 GSX-600F (sold)

Comment

Now, with brake rotors!!

Somehow i ended up an inch short on my wheelbase, ill have to check my fork height or something, then i can get some actually usefull data out of this incredible waste of time
        2002 GSX-R750
        2001 GSX-600F (sold)

Comment

does anyone know the circumference of the stock tires? I know the sidewall is suppose to be 70% of 150mm but.... when i measure mine, they arent even CLOSE to that....

I'll probly do a roll-out on them tomorrow if i get some time, because wheel diameter is very important to what im trying to figure out which is all the steering geometries.
          2002 GSX-R750
          2001 GSX-600F (sold)

Comment

Re: Check out my Kat model!

Originally posted by Jabara57
            Check it out.

A days work into making a 3-d model of my bike. I know things arent the correct shape yet, but Im trying to keep all the geometry points identical to the real model, so at some point in the future i can use it to see how shock/fork changes will affect the geometry of the bike.

Done in Solid Edge.

Enjoy, ill keep it up to date with my progress if anyone cares.

-J
            Your bike looks kinda bare. How do you ride that thing. You must have alot of hills....
            =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Working...
            X