X

Vance & Hines Supersport Exhaust?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vance & Hines Supersport Exhaust?

Thinking of one of these for my '89 750.
    Does anyone have one of these? How is the fitment? Can you change the oil without pulling the exhaust?
    1989 GSXF 750 Katana.
    V&H supersport exhaust, ported head, GSXR cams
    Michelin PR2's, RT fork springs and R6 shock

Originally posted by ZookRick View Post
    Thinking of one of these for my '89 750.
    Does anyone have one of these? How is the fitment? Can you change the oil without pulling the exhaust?

I have several of them.

They sound loud and buzzy... As Jaybell liked to say... "sounds like a 3 month old pissed off baby bee!".

I'd suggest if your going with V&H to at least get the SS2r system. It's a bit less buzzy.

You do have to move the exhaust to change the oil... fyi.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

I have the ss2r slip on my 600, sounds good,maybe a bit loud.

Comment

i would go with two brothers slip on if you want a good sound

Comment

I have the v&h ss1. I don't really like it. Its loud but like krey said its buzzy. Doesn't sound to bad in lower range.

Comment

Go ss2r I have a clip on my threads of a drive buy at about 100mph and love it.

Ss2r sounds much better that's what I have on my kat!!!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dCrp-LHVCA&list=UUoC0SLKTrBVQM2euDM9MNBg&index=1"]Vance & Hines ssr2 - YouTube[/ame]
            Last edited by Ryan Gajewski; 11-01-2013, 08:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
            1993 gsx750f Streetfighter

If its worth doing, its worth over doing!!

You'd never have a motorcycle policeman out on the Indian reservation.
            Alex Cox

Comment

I have been searching but I cant find an SS2r system for a pre 750 kat, lots of them for the 600's though.
              1989 GSXF 750 Katana.

Comment

A buddy of mine has that system on an older r6. It sounds very tinny a crackly(most likely a jetting issue). Way to buzzy for me, however. Im still loving my cobra f1 slipons though!

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post

You do have to move the exhaust to change the oil... fyi.

Krey
                  Can you get to the oil filter without pulling the header part?
                  1989 GSXF 750 Katana.

Comment

Can you get to the oil filter without pulling the header part?

Yes, oil filter is no problem to remove with the header on.

The header collector/midpipe running directly under the oil drain bolt is the issue for some of the V&H systems on the pre bikes.

Krey
                    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Well, I ordered one. I am not too worried about being too noisy, the cagers need to hear you if they cant see you.
                      I downloaded the installation instructions, it says something about the centerstand, do I have to remove it for it to fit?
                      1989 GSXF 750 Katana.

Comment

this is the supersport on my pre 600. I think its 10x better sounding than stock but im sure ill be getting SSR2 or something different in the future

94 GSX600F, V&H 4-1 Supersport exhaust

My daily driver build thread- http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=129561

Comment

Originally posted by crazycraven420 View Post
                          this is the supersport on my pre 600. I think its 10x better sounding than stock but im sure ill be getting SSR2 or something different in the future

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jOLjAaK...e_gdata_player
                          I like it, sounds good.
                          The 600 manual doesnt say anything about the centerstand, but the 750 manual says something about maybe removing it, can anyone that has one on a pre 750 tell me if it does have to be removed to fit?
                          1989 GSXF 750 Katana.

Comment

I like it, sounds good.
                            The 600 manual doesnt say anything about the centerstand, but the 750 manual says something about maybe removing it, can anyone that has one on a pre 750 tell me if it does have to be removed to fit?

Install of the pipe with the center stand down is no issue. Least, I've never had an issue with that on mine.

If there is no bumper stop on the mid pipe for the center stand though, the stand may rise up higher than normal and even come into contact with the mid pipe or the suspension cushion.

I've not installed a stop on my ss system yet, and it does ride on the bottom of the cushion. When the suspension compresses and the center stand rides up all the way, I can sometimes feel the foot placement lever hit my boot sole.

Krey
                            93 750 Kat

Comment

currently running the V&H SS like it, it cools down fairly quickly also its easy enough to take off it seems to be a popular choice for kats let alone any bike vance makes quality stuff

Comment

Working...
                              X