X

98 gsx750f

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 98 gsx750f

Hello all!! I bought my second bike today. First was my 82 GS550 Military I paid 350 bucks for the 98 750 yesterday with 14000 miles. The guy had started stripping it down about a year ago for a streetfighter project and lost interest. He had it listed for 600. He hadn't messed with anything too much mechanically but stated in the add that it wouldn't start because of a broken coil pack wire. When I checked it over, I noticed that the wire wasn't broken but he had pulled ALL the wires from the coil packs and had lost the little clips that hold them in place. More importantly, I noticed he had them shoved back in the coils IN THE WRONG ORDER!! All the other wiring was intact with no drop marks or scratches/frame damage so I jumped on it. Oh, it also came with an extra set of wheels/tires plus a plethora of spare parts.
    I get it home and have it running in 30 minutes!! I've only been in the bike scene for about a month, so I must say I was uber impressed with myself. Upon further searching, I can't find these clips anywhere without buying new coils/wires. Me, being the tightwad I am, can't see myself spending 50-80 bucks on coils, since I should be able to find some other means of keeping the wires in place. Any thoughts?

No replies as of yet? Oh well. I went ahead and bought a used pair of coils/wires/boots off ebay for $29 free shipping. They are from a 99 600 but same part number. Cheap enough fix. I'll be posting pics soon. It's black on black.... Going all "stealth" on this one

Comment

Nice good luck. Your talking about the wiring clips correct? He snipped em off? Should be easyreplacement clips.
      Tyberious Rasputen Von-rotten Shagnasty
      True story

Comment

I'm talking about the little clips that hold the spark plug wires into the coil packs...

Comment

Oh alright. Well its too late now but recently i saw some people inatall new ngk yellow wires and will.seal them with seal all. You coul d possibly try that next time. Im not 100% on it. Its just what ive noticed. But give it a shot. Let me know how it works out
          True story

Comment

I am gonna throw some RTV on them today. I suppose my only concern is them coming loose and popping out since there is no retainer. At least I'll be able to ride around the block a few times to diagnose any other problems while my new coils are shipping

Comment

Coil wires

No clips/retainers

Comment

nice how are they holdin in?
                True story

Comment

They'll hold until the new ones come in... I won't be riding but around the block anyway so should be fine

Comment

Working...
                  X