X

Sylvania Silverstar Ultras

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sylvania Silverstar Ultras

I had my bike in to get inspected and it failed for a some small stuff but one of the things that they failed it for was "headlights to yellow". I have never heard of that before but whatever I figured upgrading will be more safe anyways. The headlights that failed were installed by the PO and they were the "best" Autozone headlights and I found them to be pretty bright. I went ahead and got the ultras and all I can say is WOW! These bulbs are incredibly bright even during the day, and they are brilliant white. I have heard that they dont last that long but I can deal with that if its true because they are so much brighter. Just thought id post this up for anyone contemplating getting them!

i have them in my truck and they work well.
    never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

I've run Ultra's in nearly everything. In the H4 factor, they last incredibly well. Pretty sure that I put over 35k on my Kat on one set of Silverstar Ultras, and they are still burning bright.

Th H7 on the other hand, I seem to burn through on a regular basis. If I got 9 months out of the H7 Ultras, I would be happy.
      Pics
      Pics
      No pics yet
      Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Im glad to hear the H4's seem to last a while, now im just waiting on tires and a rear rotor and the bike should pass inspection!

Comment

I've never heard of lights failing for being "too yellow" might want to check up on the state inspection codes.

I'm running SS ultras in the Sprint and like them very much.
          -Steve

sigpic
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
          Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

been contemplating switching but the only thing was holding me back was longevity... It sounds like they perform pretty well. Thanks for the info!

Comment

Originally posted by atremblay View Post
              been contemplating switching but the only thing was holding me back was longevity... It sounds like they perform pretty well. Thanks for the info!
              +1

I recall reading on here somewhere that due to vibrations, they did not last long...
              2004 GSX750F

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
                I've never heard of lights failing for being "too yellow" might want to check up on the state inspection codes.
                Maryland has a different inspection regimine than most states. Instead of an annual safety inspection, you have to do a much more exhaustive inspection when registering a vehicle.

Pics
                Pics
                No pics yet
                Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

And here I thought VA was the only "screw me" state
                  -Steve

sigpic
                  Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                  Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Only thing wrong with VA is the state troopers tend to be a little overly aggressive. Annual safety inspection, but at least they don't try to ride our bikes for the safety.
                    Pics
                    Pics
                    No pics yet

Comment

The guy I take my stuff to in VA tells me if there's anything wrong, but if you got it there under its own power you usually pass
                      Sex Panther cologne -- 60% of the time, it works every time

Comment

Yea I feel like the "to yellow" is a bit rediculous but its an upgrade that improves my safety so i just bit my tongue at the stealership. To the post about vibrations causing problems, I hope that they will last but I will update as I put miles on the bike. Glad I could help those considering them!

Comment

Working...
                        X