rpm question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rpm question

Hi,
    Sorry for the question but i dont know anyone with rhe same bike.
    When i ride i notice that im making 5500 rpm at 75mph and the bike feels nervous and i cant have a calm riding around that speed. Another thing That could be related is a small vibration like cellphone but what i found here should be the carbs sync.
    thanks in advance

Originally posted by deadalus View Post
    Hi,
    Sorry for the question but i dont know anyone with rhe same bike.
    When i ride i notice that im making 5500 rpm at 75mph and the bike feels nervous and i cant have a calm riding around that speed. Another thing That could be related is a small vibration like cellphone but what i found here should be the carbs sync.
    thanks in advance

Clean the carbs. If no other issues are occurring, I'd suggest using an additive cleaner for a few tanks instead of a tear down.

Check for vacuum/air leaks around the carbs, engine boots, and airbox/airbox boots. Aftermarket air cleaners like pod filters will = lean and cause the problem too. Also exhaust changes can cause the issue. Either of those last 2 things = skip to last option here.

Once those options are done, sync the carbs.

If the problem still persists at this point, and you have gone back to check all prior situations... you need to retune the carb settings. This would include adjusting the needle heights and a/f screw settings.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
      Clean the carbs. If no other issues are occurring, I'd suggest using an additive cleaner for a few tanks instead of a tear down.

Check for vacuum/air leaks around the carbs, engine boots, and airbox/airbox boots. Aftermarket air cleaners like pod filters will = lean and cause the problem too. Also exhaust changes can cause the issue. Either of those last 2 things = skip to last option here.

Once those options are done, sync the carbs.

If the problem still persists at this point, and you have gone back to check all prior situations... you need to retune the carb settings. This would include adjusting the needle heights and a/f screw settings.

Krey
      Thanks Krey

I have been looking for an additive in the stores here and they only have for injection. is this ones?
      the airfilter is oe and the exhaust i think is too, so ill try a clenar and them find out how to sync carbs that for i looked here should be difficult.

Thanks one more time

Comment

Working...
      X