X

Opinion on Battlax T30?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinion on Battlax T30?

Need a new tire set and the guy at the dealer says he really likes them (for what it's worth) and would save me about 100$ compared to PR4.

Take note that I'm in Canada and don't have access to the awesome prices you guys have in the states.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Oh and GT or not on the Kat? Same question for PR4.
    Last edited by Dom; 04-13-2015, 09:18 PM.

Me no likey dun flop tires, buy the best you can afford. Michelin PR tires are great and last thousands of miles.
    Last edited by 92xjunker; 04-14-2015, 04:36 PM.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Since your in Quebec you should check out these guys.Thats where I'm getting my next set of rubber. Can't beat the prices and ships to your door.
      Since I'm still running 16's I'm running Dunlop gt501 & before that bridgestone battleaxe with no issues. Lots of folks like the pr4's ..get those
      if you can.

Comment

I've been using the Battleax bt023's (T30 predecessor) for the last 3 sets of tires, and they're great for the price. Not as sticky as the Michelin's, but you can still ride with confidence. I got the T30's for my last set and did 6200 miles on a 2 week road trip. They were awesome in every situation. We ran them in the hot desert, cold mountains, and in the rain. The only time they slipped was on wet cow patties as I crossed the border into Canada.....great tires for the money, plus I'd say they still have another 1000 miles left in them (and I ride pretty aggressively)..
        Last edited by indianboy7; 04-14-2015, 12:19 AM.

Comment

Some folks on a FZ1 forum I belong to seem to like them.

The only time they slipped was on wet cow patties
          Everything slips on that!

Comment

Anything that says "Battlax" is literally the worst tire you'll even find spooned onto a wheel.
            -Steve

sigpic
            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
            Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
              Anything that says "Battlax" is literally the worst tire you'll even find spooned onto a wheel.
              Because Bridgestone deliberately makes a shitty brand that cannot improve?

I mean, I understand that Battlax(es) are not liked here, and if they are truly bad I don't want them. But I'm specifically asking about the T30 and I have the impression that detractors mainly tell me generalities about previous tires or the brand.

Even Toyota made crappy car at the beginning and they improved.

Thanks for any precision.

Comment

If you don't want to hear what they have to say, don't ask.
                Buy them, try them and keep them if you like them.
                It is like dumbflops to me, I don’t care how much they may improve them I will never buy another one again.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

I bet you'd find a 1000 people that dislike bridgestone & dunlops and a 1000
                  more that do like them. Reading all the reviews will drive you crazy. Pick a tire you like & try them out. I have not used the ones you were asking about.

Comment

Originally posted by Dom View Post
                    Because Bridgestone deliberately makes a shitty brand that cannot improve?

I mean, I understand that Battlax(es) are not liked here, and if they are truly bad I don't want them. But I'm specifically asking about the T30 and I have the impression that detractors mainly tell me generalities about previous tires or the brand.

Even Toyota made crappy car at the beginning and they improved.

Thanks for any precision.
                    No because every single tire from the line up I've ever ridden has been total crap.

The Pilot Road is a great tire, the Dunlop Q3 is a great tire. The Battlax is not.
                    -Steve

sigpic
                    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Ok thanks guys I understand what you meant.

Comment

My Dunlop rotted out really fast, Bought a continental contisport. One of the best touring tires I have had. Have no problems doing twisties in the mountains of Pennsylvania.

Comment

Working...
                        X