No announcement yet.
X

Hey guys. Newb noob here.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welllllll boredom has gotten me today so I sat outside for a bit, scrubbing the valve cover I got yesterday.

Been reading through the site like crazy, finding lots of great info and getting excited to really get to work. Can't wait to be able to start a FS thread, and get some parts movin.
    '88 Suzuki GSX1100F streetfighter project

Comment

That cover would look really good chromed. I have the lower fairings off my bike because I need to do some repairs on cracks, but the longer I have them off, the better I like how the Kat looks semi-naked. The only thing I don't like is the all black look of the motor, like my ZRX1200R. I think chrome or polished covers (valve, both sides and tranny) would really look sharp, but thats just me thinking. Heck, I like the shinny look.
      2005 Harley Davidson Softtail Deuce
      2003 Kawasaki ZRX1200R
      1995 Kawasaki GPz1100
      1988 Suzuki GSX1100 Katana
      1983 Suzuki GS1100E

Comment

I'm not big on chrome but I was thinking green, or at least green bolts. When I ordered the coating for my frame I got gloss black thinking I wasn't going to do anything exciting with the engine making it worth drawing attention to buuuut now I'm thinking I should've gotten green and painted the tank and plastics black

Comment

I don't think I've ever seen a green frame Kat, that would be unique and look good too.
          2005 Harley Davidson Softtail Deuce
          2003 Kawasaki ZRX1200R
          1995 Kawasaki GPz1100
          1988 Suzuki GSX1100 Katana
          1983 Suzuki GS1100E

Comment

Before I post anymore in here; is there another or a better place that I should have a build thread? I didn't want to introduce myself then immediately start a build thread in another section.

I jumped the gun a little here, I guess. I should've just introduced myself, shown my bike, and gotten opinions. THEN after collecting ideas and info, started the plan and teardown, and build thread. :/

Well, aside from being regretful at my approach, I'm frustrated with parts. -deep breath-

I ordered a wiring harness because mine wasn't in the greatest condition. Two weeks, countless offers/counter-offers, many emails, and $100 later I end up with exactly what I've already got despite being assured that apart from being dirty, it's in mint condition. Yeah, ok.

Pardon the language, but after all I went through to get this...

Does everyone try to bypass the kickstand and clutch switches on these or just the ones I keep finding??
            Last edited by amperu; 04-30-2015, 02:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
            X