X

replacement engine cases

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replacement engine cases

hello everyone i am new to katanas i have a 11/2004 gsx600fk3 i bought the bike as a winter project,it was cheap however it has issues.The bottom crank case has a rather large hole and the one above a smaller piece missing due to a crash the rest of the bike is fine.Here is my dilemma i have a set of 96 bandit cases in excerlent order with low miles the cases appear the same and i know the engines share the same crank gears and all the other internals same bloody engine a far as my research tells me so does anyone know different?.I also know these engines are line board so both cases should be renewed at the same time however these engine have shell bearings on all moving internals so what difference does it make if i was only to replace the bottom case as the upper one is repairable?.THE LOWER CASES HAVE ONE DIGIT DIFFERENCE IN THE PART NO STAMMPED ON THEM MINE IS 4S22697 THE BANDIT IS 3S22697 THE ENGINE NOS ARE N717139735 MINE THE BANDIT IS N712116946 Any help on this subject would be appreciated TA. I HAVE PUT THE BOTTOM CASE ON THIS BIKE KNOW AND IT RUNS GREAT HAD A CHAT WITH AN OLD ENGINE BUILDER HE TOLD ME TO GO FOR IT IF THEIR WERE NO DIFFERENCES IN THE CASES HE WAS RIGHT !!!!!
    Last edited by johnybonzo; 12-15-2014, 12:28 PM.

I'm not any help on this one, but welcome to KR
    1998 Katana 750
    1992 Katana 1100
    2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Welcome!
      sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
      1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
      2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
      First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
      Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

Bike is fixed new case on bike runs fine thanks for your reply Hope the bloody sun comes out soon so i can shake the rust off

Comment

574]Bike is fixed new case on bike runs fine thanks for your reply Hope the bloody sun comes out soon so i can shake the rust off[/QUOTE]
          Jonny I'm sure you are going to like the Kat
          What was your cost for parts and repair ?

Comment

Working...
          X