No announcement yet.
X

anyone ever use these?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

unfortunately, ca doesn't have anything for the pre98, so i have to choose another route.

Long Live the D

Comment

Originally posted by eptkat
      i have the spining LED bulb in my 01 and when i stop it flashes and when its running it changes patterns while spinning in circles pretty neat and ive gotten alot of compliments on it.....pretty bright during the day and super bright during the night.
      Those are great ways to help keep yourself noticed by the cagers following behind you, good stuff

Comment

Here are a few pics I took in my garage tonight. They are from the rear:

Lights off in the garage tail light on no brakes:

Lights off in the garage tail light on brakes on:

Light on in the garage tail light on no brakes:

Light on in the garage tail light on, brakes on:

Now here are some pics with the lights off to show how much light is generated:

Tail light only:

Brake Light on:

Hope this helped...
        Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
        Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

someone pics from a tail 98+???
          very interested!!
          perhaps beekman
          West of Germany
          greetz Carsten

Comment

jax that's awesome. thanks for taking the time to do that buddy!

EDIT: i just looked at how to replace the bulb. the 48 led is too big. on the 600s, you take off the rear part of the housing, whereas on the 750, you pull the bulb out from underneath the seat! so i'm going to try this one. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWA%3AIT

jax, i really do appreciate you taking the pics for me even though it was in vain.
            and i'll let you guys know how it turns out.

Long Live the D

Comment

If someone wants to go 48-LED on the rear of a 98-02, I'm getting ready to sell my set-up with the bulb and the lens/reflector assembly... Personally, I'd suggest putting a new 48-LED bulb in there (me thinks they do lose some brightness as the years go buy -- not sure on that though). PM me -- you can have it for the cost of the rear tail light assy ($48 + S&H).

Cheers,
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by paradoxmd
                jax, i really do appreciate you taking the pics for me even though it was in vain.
                and i'll let you guys know how it turns out.

Don't worry about it nothing we do here is in vain...see if you are not able to use the information maybe someone else can...that's why we post stuff up like this so everyone get's a chance to use the knowledge...I hope those bulbs are bright enough. I've seen similar with more LEDS on ebay...Post pics and tell us what you thought of them once you get it installed....
                Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
                Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
                Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

Best thing I ever did for my tail was the integrated LED's...

Clear Alternatives # CTL-0018-1-IT-S
                  FrankenKat 1216
                  GS Fiter 816
                  GSXR750! (race)

Comment

ok, i emailed [email protected] to request they make a pre98 CA lense. any of you other pre98 guys should email as well if you haven't already. maybe we can generate enough hype and get them to make one. :

Long Live the D

Comment

peeeeeektures! the 20 led came in today (shown here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWN%3AIT).

here are some before and after pics.

standard bulb, normal running:

led, normal running:

standard bulb, brake applied:

led, brake applied:

definitely brighter. all in all, i'm very happy with it. now i'm really ready for a clear tail lense. please someone make one cheap-ish for me. :

Long Live the D

Comment

Working...
                      X